[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - THE OPENING OF THE WARNER'S VAULT TO INTRADA.

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THE OPENING OF THE WARNER'S VAULT TO INTRADA.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:40 pm 

Great news about the release of Elmer Bernstein's RAMPAGE. 1963 had another WB movie with a score by Max Steiner that deserves a CD release. I am speaking of SPENCER'S MOUNTAIN. For that matter I would love to see CD releases for other Steiner scores like THE HANGING TREE , ICE PALACE ,THE DARK AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS, and THE SINS OF RAHEL CADE among a few others. Hopefully the elements to these scores still exist in the WB vault.

Post subject: Re: THE OPENING OF THE WARNER'S VAULT TO INTRADA.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:49 pm 
I suppose Lukas Kendall's increased level of partnership does open up a lot more possibilities for Intrada, as if they didn't have enough possibilities already. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 am 

Intrada has to release Georges Delerue's HER ALIBI now that they have access to Warner Brothers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:14 am 

:mrgreen:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:56 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:48 pm 

Oh most definitely, Over the Top. That and Cobra.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:07 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:19 am 

HER ALIBI is a must have and should be at the top of the list followed by...
let's confess...
I LOVE YOU, ALICE B. TOKLAS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:09 am 

My two personal Warner grails: Both scores operate on so many different levels that it would take too long to answer in this short space, but are worth checking out for the discerning listener and neophyte.

THE ANDERSON TAPES (1971) by Quincy Jones

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR (1975) by Gil Melle'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:14 am 

Mancini's The Great Race 1965, but I'd think if it could be done, then Lukas would have done it already, so maybe problems with the music tapes & with RCA who released the album. I'd also love John Addison's Start The Revolution Without Me 1970, but I've given up on that, as I'm sure it wouldn't sell that well.

.....but then stuff does happen. Who'd have thought we'd be getting a complete, 55 Days At Peking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:45 am 
Night Shift (1982) would make a very good song and score album, which would ideally include however much of Burt Bacharach's score there is along with the few songs co-written by him.

While on the subject of 80s Bacharach and Warner, Arthur (1981) would be another solid song and score album.

If all content from both releases could conveniently fit on one CD, then the two together would make one heck of a double feature.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:19 pm 

I'm sure I'm in the minority but, as far as WB goes, I'd love to see a Robert Folk Police Academy compilation. I'd be happy with one or two discs with all the major highlights. :)

Also: The Great Race.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:54 am 

Mr. Phillips, THE ANDERSON TAPES was a Columbia film.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:57 pm 

Yeeeeeeesssssssssss!!! OVER THE TOP and COBRA
:D

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 pm 

Never previously released:

BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE / Jerry Fielding
WHEN TIME RAN OUT... / Lalo Schifrin
FIREFOX / Maurice Jarre

Previously released in some version:

GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH / Jerry Goldsmith
2010: THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT / David Shire (formerly an MGM movie, now owned by Turner/Warner)
THE LAST STARFIGHTER / Craig Safan (co-owned by Lorimar/Warner and Universal)
THE TOWERING INFERNO / John Williams (co-owned by Warner and Twentieth Century-Fox)
POINT OF NO RETURN / Hans Zimmer