[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Intrada/Disney upcoming release suggestions

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Intrada/Disney upcoming release suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 pm 

The Sword in the Stone and...

Robin Hood !

Dreaming about the next Intrada/Disney release... ^^

:D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 pm 

I would really love a reissue of David Shire's RETURN TO OZ, but this time complete and remastered of course. I think the complete score can nicely fit on just one disc. And this is one of those scores where I would also like the album presentation on a second disc because although I want all of the unreleased cues (the music in the film when Dorothy and co. are falling in the sky in-particular), the album was a very good presentation of the score that plays brilliantly. The OST has also been out of print for a VERY long time, so this release is definitely overdue for such a great score that it is. And since it is one of Disney's sort of bastardized films, it may be easier for it to get a release since it isn't as popular. However in the soundtrack community I believe it is very well known and sought after. Definitely one of my favorite scores from the 80s, also from one of my favorite films! (Very underrated film)

Final Track From Album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4j2qoPpsHQ

Trailer From Film (that features music from the film):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipivUGVydMY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:18 pm 

I'm not as up to speed as many other connoisseurs on board here, but for what it's worth, IMHO, these Disney scores have waited LONG enough (and I do believe most, if not all, have NEVER been officially released!)

Escape to Witch Mountain - Howie Mandel
Freaky Friday - also Mandel
The Watcher in the Woods - Stanley Myers
Something Wicked This Way Comes (rejected) - Georges Delerue #1 with a bullet!
Return From Witch Mountain - Lalo Schifrin
The Devil and Max Devlin - Complete with all the Julie Budd songs!
Hocus Pocus - John Debney and complete with the Midler/Parker tracks!
Candleshoe - Ron Goodwin

Other titles, like North Avenue Irregulars, Condorman, The Herbie Films, Splash, etc would also be fine. But the listed are, I feel, integral scores to some integral films that Disney did, and it's a shame that NONE of them ever got a proper release, let alone a release at all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:09 am 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:13 pm 

I haven't seen this mentioned in the thread, and it's perhaps one of the more unlikely possibilities as it's so recent, but TRON: Legacy is a score that's still very much in need of a proper, complete release despite already having two separate editions (1 still available, and 1 OOP) that were made available. There's quite a lot of material missing from either CD album, currently only available in lossy formats, that require purchasing various tracks through three different online music stores (Amazon, iTunes, and Nokia Ovi), two of which aren't even available in many International regions. There's also probably also some additional content not available even in lossy online music stores, such as the dialogue-free version of 'The Grid'.

You guys did release Up, which was a big deal for many of us who still prefer lossless, as Disney never never bothered to release a CD; so I figured there's no harm in suggesting a relatively newer title than most of the other suggetions. And like Up, TRON: Legacy is deprived of a satisfying CD release, simultaneously a victim of both online music store exclusives and (I believe) some kind of production issues that hampered the release of the complete score back at the time the soundtrack was sent to retail.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm 

Just watching Texright now and am floored by Pino Donaggio's score. So beautiful - and I do profess, I am from Tulsa, Oklahoma so it's great to revisit how things were back in those days. Ah, back to the subject at hand - I am double throwing a suggestion for Pino's delightful score to this film!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:03 pm 

The recently aired sample tracks from Michael Giacchino's upcoming John Carter score are simply amazing. It's rather early, but I still wanted to request that if Disney releases this one as a lossy download only, please try to get us a limited CD release alongside. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:04 am 

Flight of the Navigator (Silvestri)
Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz, Plessner, Levy)
The Crystal Maze (Lawrence)
Blackadder: Back and Forth (Goodall)
Dune (Toto)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:13 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 pm 

After the great "20000 leagues under the Sea", "Island to the Top of the World", and "The Black Cauldron", I really hope that "Treasure Island" composed by Clifton Parker will be released.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:10 pm 

All three Lion Kings would be nice, although from what I hear Zimmer's on the first. As for other Disney scores, hmm... I can't say my Disney collection's huge, or my knowledge of what Intrada has already released so far.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:27 am 

The Watcher in the Woods and The Mighty Ducks

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:52 pm 

YES again on Watcher in the Woods. Also reiterating Something Wicked...(rejected), Tex, Trenchcoat, Candleshoe, and Witch Mountain scores.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next