[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Judge Dredd

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Judge Dredd
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:13 pm 

Well, I wouldn't count on it. I don't mean this in a disparaging way, but Intrada doesn't always release the rejected scores, or rejected demo score. A recent example:

Christopher Young did synth moch up cues, like for "Scenes of a Crimes", for "Squanto: A Warrior's Tale", but that wasn't included.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:22 am 

You're forgetting that this is Jerry Goldsmith, and that his score was officially released in the trailer of the movie, and was even released on CD more than once (by John Beal and Joel McNeely). So we can easily say that this isn't an obscure rejected score...

http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Trail ... B002NIWIRA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:32 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:58 am 

Think to you favorite composer. Now imagine that you learn that he composed music for Judge Dredd that ended up being in the official trailer. Wouldn't you like to hear it ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:29 pm 

I can't imagine leaving out Goldsmith's trailer unless there's legal or monetary issues.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:36 pm 

The trailer is the trailer -- he didn't have a rejected score. He never got to the score. That's kind of like saying because Williams did a theme for trailer music for "The Flintstones", he had a rejected score.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:30 am 

What I heard at the time of the release of the movie is that he composed few minutes of the score and then left the movie and Silvestri arrived. So I assume it's not "a rejected score" but more "an unfinished score". We don't know for sure how much music was written and recorded for the picture. Did you know that Silvestri had an entire rejected score for Back to the Future for exemple ? Some back stories are kept secret...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:34 pm 

I always thought he wrote the trailer, but never wrote any score because he had other commitments (similar to how Horner wrote a song in Hocus Pocus but couldn't score it because he was very busy with others)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm 

My understanding from somebody who researched it, is different.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:26 am 

I wonder if people will be talking about the new Judge Dredd score 15 years after it's released. It looks to be in re-shoot, re-write hell, with an opening date for next September!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 am 

I guess it turns out the studio is the law. ;-)

Wonder who will score it.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:36 pm 

Alan Silvestri ! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:53 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 am 

While we await the long overdue Intrada release of Alan Silvestri's expanded score for the 1995 film (come on that Disney deal must bare fruit at some point) :wink: here's some info on some recent developments relating to the soundtrack of the new film titled Dredd.

First up I'd like to draw attention to the recent relaease of the album Drokk from Portishead band member Geoff Barrow and composer Ben Salisbury, from Invada records:

http://www.invada.co.uk/drokk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... Caps%2C303

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_ ... aps%2C1041

This interstingly started out life as a soundtrack for the new film, before spinning off into a new direction and resulting in an album being inspired by Mega-City One (Judge Dredd's ficticious home) and prior to Paul Leonard-Morgan being given the gig of composer for the new film.

Drokk really deserves a wider audience and for any fans of vintage John Carpenter soundtracks it really is a must have-featuring as it does some great old school synth sounds and beats-there's even a bit of the Brad Fiedel's thrown in for good measure!

It's a really accomplished avant garde piece of work (maybe just a little to left field for the producers of the Dredd film) and improves on every subsequent listen.

I'm also really interested to hear what Paul Leonard-Morgan produces for the new film, released on September 7th in the UK and on the 21st in the US, as I really enjoyed his Limitless soundtrack.

Not long to find out, I guess! :)