[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Judge Dredd

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Judge Dredd
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:38 pm 

I love this score. From the opening title music (not even on the album!) to the finale, it's all solid. Plus, the version of "Theme from Judge Dredd" (really the music for Heavenly Haven) in the film is different than that on the album. Yes, I know the score in-film. The movie's a classic. It's hysterical!

Anyway, here's hoping we'll see an expansion of the score some day. Some day soon, I hope.

P.S: Please include photos of Diane Lane in those sexy pants.

P.P.S: I probably just lost all credibility.

Post subject: Re: Judge Dredd
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:01 am 

[i]here's hoping we'll see an expansion of the score some day.[/i]

I SECOND THAT...

[i]P.S: Please include photos of Diane Lane in those sexy pants.[/i]

And that too...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:17 am 

The music wasn't served well by the soundtrack album,
BATMAN and DICK TRACY, had separate songs and score albums - JUDGE DREDD didn't.

A proper release of this score, is well overdue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 am 

Two other composers did an unknown amount of score for the film before Silvestri (no, sorry -- not Jerry).

Their not on my Rejected Scores site simply because I wanted to pin down an approximate amount each recorded, and I have a problem: I don't know which came first.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:56 pm 
The sdtk was released by Epic Records & the music was recorded in London. Hopefully this will be forthcoming soon.

I think we need another excellent Silvestri score from Intrada please..... :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:11 pm 

Oh yeah with the music composed by Jerry Goldsmith as bonuses !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:24 am 

Well and truly overdue for a 2 disc expanded release!

I reckon this is one of Silvestri's best works. Not one of Stallones better efforts though :) Still, a very enjoyable 'turn your brain off' movie :lol:

I also think it will be better than the new movie that's about to hit, hate to judge the film before I've seen it but EVERYTHING I've read and seen about this film looks really poor. I just don't think anyone in Hollywood understands Dredd, he's not a hero...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm 

just fine the way it is, thank you.
The Cure and Cocteau twins songs belong on the soundtrack (even if the later is barely heard)

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 pm 

I wouldn't mind a less-suitey version of the score - a little easier to play than the long sections on the CD, but overall it was a great original CD. Also, in the UK, we got two extra songs, including the lovely "Time" by Ryo Aska, which if memory serves is on the last part of the end titles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 am 

Well the film only runs 96 minutes, so I'd think one CD would do it. I'm quite happy with the album (just ignore the songs!), would I buy a longer score album...yes!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 pm 

Hello everybody!

I'm a newbie to the forum so please be gentle with me.
An expanded Judge Dredd score is a must have for me-it's been in my top ten wish list since
the film's release in 1995 and I've almost given up hope! I've heard a very ropey bootleg version of the expanded score, but a proper release, with the usual high production values that Intrada insists on, would be an essential purchase.
Please Intrada make this soundtrack fan's dream come true in the near future! :D

All the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:05 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:42 pm 

That's correct... :wink:

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:39 am