Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: World War III 1982 TV Mini-Series by Gil Melle
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 pm 

The score by Gil Melle for the 1982 television mini-series "World War III" needs to be released on CD. The music gave the movie an enormous emotional impact.

I am aware a few CDs of an unofficial score have been sold on eBay in recent years. This 33-track CD appears to be created from the original music tracks used during movie production.

This CD does not have music heard during three scenes in the movie. First, the music heard during the first engagement of the American and Soviet troops at the pumping station is not on the CD. Second, the music heard during the hand-to-hand battle with an American scout (code-named "Lone Eagle") and a Soviet soldier is also absent. Third, the eerie music played when the Soviets line up inside the pumping station is another missing track.

Adding these tracks to an Intrada "World War III" score CD would be very much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: World War III 1982 TV Mini-Series by Gil Melle
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:18 pm 

...I have transcoded the soundtrack into MP3 format, from a DVD transcode of the original VHS recording of the original broadcast. I believe it is as complete as possible, without including too much background audio from the movie, such as gunfire, talking, etc.

If you're interested in reviewing it, let me know :)

Pudnik

:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: World War III 1982 TV Mini-Series by Gil Melle
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:14 pm 

That there is not more demand for this can only be explained [IMHO] by the lack of folks who`ve heard it. I only saw this mini-series when it was originally broadcast, and I can still recall moments of it. Melle`s adventurous use of electronics is heard right at the start in the joltic electronic stingers accompanying the title, but his skill at more traditional scoring is heard during the final scenes. [I`m being vague so as not to spoil this nifty little B-Tv movie.] I think fans of Zimmer and his crew and their blend of electronics would love this if they only knew what it sounds like.