[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Tales From The Crypt (TV Series) 1989 - 1996

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tales From The Crypt (TV Series) 1989 - 1996
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:00 pm 

Would'nt mind seeing a the scores to the t.v series released in a boxset or idividual volumes abit like Amazing Stories. Know i know AS only ran for two series while Tales ran for 7 so the scale is a fair bit different.

Series Original Music by
Jay Ferguson (14 episodes, 1989-1996)
Nicholas Pike (10 episodes, 1989-1996)
Alan Silvestri (7 episodes, 1989-1995)
Frank Becker (5 episodes, 1993-1996)
J. Peter Robinson (4 episodes, 1990-1996)
Michael Kamen (4 episodes, 1992-1993)
Walter Werzowa (3 episodes, 1992-1994)
Jan Hammer (2 episodes, 1990)
David Kitay (2 episodes, 1990)
Michel Rubini (2 episodes, 1990)
Jimmy Webb (2 episodes, 1991-1992)
Vladimir Horunzhy (2 episodes, 1994-1996)
James Horner
Brad Fiedel

And of course the main title by Danny Elfman.

Last edited by Marvdogger on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Tales From The Crypt (TV Series) 1989 - 1996
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:38 pm 

I was under the impression that La-La Land was working to release more TftC music. At least, they hinted that they were doing as such a year or two ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:41 am 

That´s correct, MV asked over at FSM if there was any interest in music from this goofy series...
Horners intro to the episode Cutting Cards is my fave :)
I think anthology discs from this series would even top Amazing Stories which are fine releases in themselves and values much for me

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 am 

La La Land did a great Job on the X-Files set so they should get this on the go again. Cutting cards is one of my fav episodes from the series. I love Lanca Hendriksons perfromance he's such a great underated actor another one of the my fav Episodes Is "All Through The House" from the first season directed by Bob Zemekis so i guess Silvestri scored that one. Its opens with Nat King coles "Christmas Song" and the score for it was pretty good aswell.
I watch that Episode every Christmas. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:33 am 

Yes, I totally agree marv...
Cutting Cards and "And all through the house" is also my fave episodes...
This is Larry Drakes best role yet as the villainous role of Santa...
The other Tales episode with Drake, with vampires and werewolves are also one I love.
The haunting music to Werewolf Concerto, a Twin Peaks like episode with Timothy Dalton is another great gem...
I really do hope LLLR pursues their quest for this or another label takes it up and puts it out...
what better than collections with various music from various composers (just like Intradas Amazing Stories)

I know The X-files box was along awaited boxset by fans, but Tales from the Crypt is mine :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:41 pm 
I would definitely buy a compilation album from this series. Lots of score music stuck with me throughout the years after watching this show when I was a kid.

The one piece that I persistently go to with the existing CD is Jan Hammer's theme for "Three's a Crowd." I imagine that the episode itself is hard for anyone to forget.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:54 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 am 
Watching some episodes again reminded me that there is so much good music in this series that words cannot even convey the magnitude.

All of Alan Silvestri's scores are sublime. His military score for the classic episode "Yellow" has an absolutely beautiful main theme.

Bill Conti's score for "Maniac at Large" is one of the darkest, yet sonically agreeable scores you will ever hear.

Michael Kamen's work for the show showcases more of the guitar work that helped popularize his best action film scores.

J. Peter Robinson's efforts provide great variety.

I could go on and on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:32 pm 

This series on CD would be incredible! I hope it sees the light of day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 pm 

Though I did not see every episode, it certainly had a ton of wonderful composers that worked on the show. A multi-disc set would be wonderful... hint hint hint. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:30 am 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek