Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DIGIMON: THE MOVIE by Udi Harpaz
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:22 pm 

Then we can have more realistic hope: movie + adventure 01 :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:47 pm 

This is one heck of a bump. I did a bit of digging myself. It sounds like the rights to the music may have gone completely back to Saban, because when I asked Amotz Plessner, he said the person to ask would be Haim Saban.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:10 pm 

Amongst recent CDs releases of old animation movies we can mention:

The Black Cauldron (Intrada)
The Lion King (WDR)
A Troll in Central Park (Intrada)
Fire & Ice (BSX)
Starchaser (BSX)
Heavy Metal (FSM)
Wizards (Lalaland)
Back to Gaya (MSM)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:54 pm 

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:06 am 

It's been five years since this suggestion was first made. In that time, with a lot of help from some other people on a forum that has long since died, I have gathered a bit of info with regards to where this score is actually at. In 2001, Saban was sold as part of the Fox Family Group to Disney, and with it was everything under the Saban Music Group banner (source: http://www.saban.com/html/press/010723.html). In 2010, BMG, then known as Bug Music, purchased the publishing rights to the entirety of the Saban Music Group catalog (source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... aban-Music). Saban Capital Group was founded in 2001 and they started again under the name "Saban Brands" in 2010, getting the rights back to most if not all the franchises that the Fox Family Group sale had given to Disney, but this did not include the contents of the Saban Music Group catalogue, which to this day still reside with Disney, with BMG still holding worldwide release rights.

This would mean any such release of the movie's score - which, since The Lion King officially came out in expanded form in 2014, is now my most wanted animated score - would require steps to get the rights to use the masters from Disney and the right to publish the music from BMG.

With Digimon Adventure tri. coming out this month and the franchise once again spreading across the globe thanks to renewed efforts on the part of Toei Animation, now would be a great time to have this score done, but as I suggested, it would be tricky to do. But not impossible. I would certainly be one of the first in line to buy such a release.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:11 pm 

I would also like this one released. Even digital, if it had to be, or by the same composer, or by whoever holds the right. While I'm a bigger fan of the Japanese music for Digimon, I can't help but to like the exagerated orchestra tones of this version and I'd love to hear them in proper quality