[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" (2010)

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" (2010)
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:42 am 

Reasons why:
http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts ... &archive=0

Music samples:

Last edited by Basil on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" (2010)
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:28 pm 

Honestly it seems more likely that it's be released on a label that deals in kids shows in general.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:20 pm 

Perhaps, yes - I ultimately see this being released by Rhino Entertainment or Shout! Factory rather than Intrada or La-La Land - although the possibility is still up for grabs. I can very easily say that if either Intrada or LLL tackled this one, they would make it my absolute dream soundtrack, with everything done right.

With Shout! or Rhino, however, I'm really not sure if they'll give the score an equal share as the songs.

That said, I think I'd actually prefer to wait it out and have this product released once season 2's production has (winter) wrapped up.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:52 am 

I'm worried for your sanity.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:43 pm 

delete

Last edited by Basil on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 pm 

delete

Last edited by Basil on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:42 pm 

Bumping this thread to attract attention to the above topic that I have started on Film Score Monthly. It is an in-depth analysis on why this show's music needs a legitimate soundtrack album release.

I would appreciate it if everyone could give it a read.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm 

No thanks, I have enough brain cancer already. :wink:

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 am 

Really convincing argument over on FSM. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Hasbro's always had a soundtrack planned, but that's more than likely just a song-only release. I'd sure as hell buy a score release if a label decides to go for it.

(Although re: the 'squee' idea, it sounds like it's just the same stock "rubber ducky being sqeezed" sound effect being used each time. I fail to see the point in a bonus track for it)

Flight of the Navigator (Silvestri)
Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz, Plessner, Levy)
The Crystal Maze (Lawrence)
Blackadder: Back and Forth (Goodall)
Dune (Toto)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:30 pm 

No.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:45 pm 

In fairness, I feel a little bad for Basil -- not for liking nuPonies (that's more of a personal problem), but rather his love of music from a cartoon, with no plans on a release.

Off the top of my head I could name half a dozen cartoons I would like a CD of music from:

"The Real Ghostbusters"
"Thundercats"
"Ducktales"
"Inspector Gadget"

And more modern efforts:

"The Simpsons"
"Samurai Jack"
"Family Guy"

I think I asked MV about TRG, and he said it wasn't possible right now. Nobody has expressed interest -- that I have seen, over "Thundercats". With FSM tied up and Disney not wanting to license out rights of their animated projects to third parties, I just don't see a "Ducktales" coming.
Go go Gadget No CD!

And MV said once -- though this was years ago -- the company for "Samurai Jack" had no interest.
And over 20 years of TS -- no fat chance. We'll have better luck with another couple song CD's.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:09 am 

After giving it some more thought, I have to wonder, would the references in the music cause copyright problems?

By 'references', I mean what TvTropes refers to as 'The Jimmy Hart Version', where a musician creates a soundalike for another piece of music. This happens all the time in MLP:FiM's underscore, just off the top of my head, the chasing-after-RD scene in Return of Harmony 2 = the asteroids theme from Empire Strikes Back, the assaulting-him-with-cake scene from Secret of My Excess = Ripley's Rescue from Aliens, the out-of-control-cart scene in Mysterious Mare Do Well = Mark Mancina's theme to Speed, and so on. I'm not sure how it looks from a copyright standpoint, but I know Red Dwarf will never get a soundtrack release for doing things very similar to that ('Androids Theme' from Kryten = Theme from Neighbours, Ace's theme from Dimension Jump = Take My Breath Away from Top Gun etc).

I'm still hoping for an FiM release beyond just the songs regardless, hell, I'd love to see above-mentioned RD-chase scene released, but the situation with Red Dwarf feels all too likely to apply to MLP:FiM.

Flight of the Navigator (Silvestri)
Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz, Plessner, Levy)
The Crystal Maze (Lawrence)
Blackadder: Back and Forth (Goodall)
Dune (Toto)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 am 

THE PRISONER