[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - My #1 holy grail: Earth Star Voyager by Lalo Schifrin

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My #1 holy grail: Earth Star Voyager by Lalo Schifrin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:41 am 

This was a 2-part miniseries aired on ABC on the "Wonderful World Of Disney" in 1989. It was supposed to be a pilot for a show, but it wasn't picked up. You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Star_Voyager

The score was by Lalo Schifrin, and the main theme has been running through my head for 22 years now. I remember recording the main titles onto an audio cassette "mix tape" I made when i was a kid of my favorite music at the time that wasn't on CD yet (Predator main titles, Die Hard 3 end credits, The Goonies main titles were all on there too)

I would absolutely LOVE a release of this score!

I assume the music is owned by Disney, and Intrada has released some other live-action Disney scores in recent times (Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Journey Of Natty Gann, Something Wicked This Way Comes). My fingers are crossed for this gem to be released some day!

Here are the opening credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFgLL8EN71I

Post subject: Re: My #1 holy grail: Earth Star Voyager by Lalo Schifrin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:14 pm 

According to , Disney isn't particularly eager to acknowledge that this particular project exists. That being said, I'd still buy it. I've been wondering recently what it would take to get this on legitimate DVD, having seen it when it aired.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:26 am 

With the new Disney / Intrada line, this release is now substantially more possible!

Hoping Intrada / Disney, make my dreams come true... How sweet would an LP style cover for this release look with that "Disneyland Records" logo?

:)

Last edited by Jay on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:33 pm 

Bumpity bump.

Hopefully this great Lalo Schifrin score is a possibility on the fantastic Disney/Intrada co-branded line!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 am 

Here's hoping Earth Star Voyager is part of the 2014 plan for the Disney/Intrada line!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:12 am 

Bump time again!

I'm really hopeful that Earth Star Voyager is part of Intrada's 2015 plan for their continuing series of releases from the Disney vaults!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:32 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:12 pm 

Time for my yearly bump of this thread!

I hope Doug and Roger are aware of this Lalo Schifrin gem and will unearth it from the Disney vaults!

-Jason

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:55 am 

The entire film is now on youtube

Just listen to that gorgeous opening cue.

I hope Intrada can release this from the Disney vaults!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 am 

Hi Jason

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I don't ever recall watching this before let alone hearing any of the score.
Which I might add is pretty damn cool & I would support a release for sure.
Unreleased Schifrin is always welcome & this should be on Intrada's radar unless something stands in its way.
Only Doug & Co can shed some light on that matter but hope you hear something soon especially as its your #1 grail.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:41 pm 

Woops missed a few years of yearly bumps!

Just hoping as Intrada works their way through the Disney vaults, they don't forget about this gem of a score from Mr. Schifrin!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:52 am 

32 years now since this miniseries aired, and over 4,000 views on this request thread!

Here's hoping Intrada will considering asking Disney if it is possible to release Schifrin's great score!

It's worth mentioning again that you can watch the entire miniseries on youtube, and right away at 0:00 you can hear Schifrin's excellent prologue cue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFF9sIT6jE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:03 am 

“TV stuff is tricky.” - Roger, here (and previously elsewhere on *this* board, when he explained they actively pursued Ron Jones Ducktales, and couldn’t make it happen):
https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/post ... &archive=0

Not that you can’t keep hoping, but so far Intrada hasn’t released a single Disney TV score in all their years of otherwise friendly and productive relations with the studio.

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:05 pm 

Aw, shoot. I missed my tenth anniversary bump by a few weeks :)

Here's hoping Disney's TV vaults become easier to work with soon, and Intrada considers this great score by Maestro Schifrin if they do

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:43 pm