[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - STARSKY AND HUTCH TV series (1975-1979)

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: STARSKY AND HUTCH TV series (1975-1979)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:35 am 

One of my dreams is to get a 2CD edition of the music recorded for the Starsky and Hutch TV series!!!

Lot of great funk, lounge jazz and suspenseful sequences, composed and performed by so many talented
people: Lalo Schifrin, J.A.C. Redford, Jacky Elliott & Allyn Ferguson, Tom Scott, Mark Snow, MacLeod & Prigmore,
J.J. Johnson, Shorty Rogers, Andrew Kulberg, Alan Silvestri, Chris Mickey, Peter Ivers, Mundell Love...

I WONDER WHY there is still NO release at this day, maybe the number of different artists involved in the music
is an obstacle (matter of the composers' contracts with their respective records companies... or else?)

I'm pretty sure we are thousands of fans waiting despairingly to see the miracle happen one day...

Thx for reading!!

Post subject: Re: STARSKY AND HUTCH TV series (1975-1979)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:55 pm 

You mean this kind of music
pretty exciting
This is Lalo, right ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgZVupN- ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:06 pm 

Full list of episodes/composers:

http://tvscores.150m.com/Starsky.html
or backup website:
http://www.tvscoring.150m.com/Starsky.html

THE PRISONER

Last edited by tharpdevenport on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:16 am 

I think the first season Mundell Lowe score was simply outstanding!

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:12 am 

^^ yes groovemeister, this is Schifrin on this excerpt.
and that's just an exemple among the big quantity of music recorded for Starsky and Hutch...

^ thx for the link on tvscores.150m.com tharpdevenport!

i hope we'll be numerous to request for this release!!! it will be a best seller
Much more interesting than Silvestri's disco music for "CHiPs" (FSM) if we talk about music of end 70s TV series. IMO

(and i'm a bit fed up to have to recreate underscores sequences by myself extracting music from the DVDs :mrgreen:
for my personal pleasure)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:52 pm 

I would especially like all of the different theme tunes by: Lalo Schifrin, Mark Snow and Tom Scott,
and the PILOT EPISODE score. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm 

I really loved this show, and the music really added to the atmosphere of the series' dynamics. Mr. Schifrin's score to the pilot was exceptional... he provided suspense, humor, drama to each scene that played out. And that theme of his... to me, that screams action! (I do realize that it was the music composed for the pilot's climax) To me, it's an in-your-face, take-charge theme.... grim, yet determined.

I'd pay for a 2 or 3 Disc set. To have the various themes for each season would be great, as would Murray MacLeod and James Prigmore's music from the episode "Gillian". The music played in the finale of that episode was classic. Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNJOSLlS ... age#t=309s

Very emotional, building upon Hutch's thirst for revenge, but tempered by justice... refusing to become the type of person that killed his girlfriend in this particular episode.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 pm 

Here's hoping that Intrada can find a way to release some sort of Soundtrack to this show, or at the very least, the Pilot episode score composed by Lalo Schifrin. So much to like about that show and it's sad that there's little to no music available commercially representing the series (aside from various TV Theme collections).