[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - John Barry - BODY HEAT

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: John Barry - BODY HEAT
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 pm 

In 2011 we can celebrate 30 years from the date when "Body Heat" has appeared on screens.
I hope very much that Intrada can release fantastic soundtrack for this film (in ideal - complete version, if it is impossible - original LP-program).
Though re-recording from Varese sounds well, it can't be compared to original music of Barry.
Intrada - I believe that you can make it!

Post subject: Re: John Barry - BODY HEAT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm 

Positively one of my all time fav's and played more than any..My wife who loved the movie was hooked all over years ago with the AWESOME Barry score..Would agree and would love to see an Intrada package of it, I'm sure it would be fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:44 pm 

Well, I watch movie again, and find, that there are more when 10-15 min of unreleased score (earlier I count only 5 min).
That means that we absolutely need this score in complete form - for example, film version of "I'm Frightened" differs even from 1989 CD-version! Most of unreleased cues are short - only 20-50 seconds, 2-3 - about 2 min. But ALL of them are magnificent...
So, please, please, please someone :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:01 pm 

The need is even more pronounced, as I'm not sure if John Lasher actually had the rights to this when he released the CD. (This would explain why it got such a limited release 20 years ago.) Besides, there was a sonic defect on the CD which he released.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 am 

As someone who never got the original issue of this, and who is unwilling/unable to drop $200.00 down for a copy on the secondary market, I would also really like a new edition. One of Barry's best, long overdue. Perhaps it's FSM territory though, being a Warner film...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:38 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 am 

I'd like to bring this one up, too.

Just a few days ago I got asked by somebody who doesn't listen to film scores, if I knew who the composer was on a film, because the music was very nice, relaxing. Of course I knew instantly (which he said was "Scary" how much I know).

I've yet to tell him ther roiginal score hasn't recieved a legal release yet (a re-recording only).

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 pm 

Yes, I would certainly love to see a complete recording of Barry's original. I still have the Lasher and the McNeely, but neither of those is definitive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:49 am 

I wonder if the music masters have been found for this. There's a whole saga about John Lasher having some of them & sending them back & Warner having no record of them. If they've turned up somewhere (which tapes usually do, mis-labelled or whatever), then Body Heat could well be one of FSM's last four releases.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:29 am 
Booyah!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm 

Your wish is true, but not thanks to Intrada. On this occasion FSM is doing the honors.