[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The official post for GREAT UNRELEASED HORROR SCORES!!!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The official post for GREAT UNRELEASED HORROR SCORES!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:58 pm 

I've always been very partial to the Raft episode. It's always been one that "creeped" me out. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:02 am 

A couple of other horror scores that would be most welcome...

Anything by composer Paul Zaza... this man along with Carl Zittrer in some cases is the unsung hero of Canadian horror pics. Just take a look at the films they have worked on in the 70's and 80's... impressive.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
Bo Harwood and Lance Rubin (pre DALLAS)... They turned in a rather terrific orchestral score with a haunting main theme and some breathtaking action/horror music. Great stuff.

MOTEL HELL
Lance Rubin (again)

GRAVEYARD SHIFT
Brian Banks and Anthony Marinelli

I am sure these have been mentioned before (probably by me, but hey... Halloween is coming and we could use some classic horror scores...)

Please throw in ANYTHING Shirley Walker has done... especially her FINAL DESTINATION 1,2 and 3... and her work on WILLARD and BLACK XMAS (the remake).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:51 am 

Although I am usually not a fan of horror scores, there are 2 that I would love to see put on CD. They are WOLFEN and SALEM'S LOT. My question regards WOLFEN. Has this score been held back from CD release at the request of its composer, James Horner?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:04 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 pm 

Here is MY TOP 10 unreleased Horror scores.
10. Spontaneous Combustion by Graeme Revell (this along with Dead Calm and the Crow Mr Revells best score)
09. Rawhead Rex by Colin Towns (a great powerful horror score to a movie only I seemed to love)
08. An American Werewolf in London by Elmer Bernstein (this is my favourite Elmer score hands down but sadly a very short one)
07. Nomads by Bill Conti and Ted Nugent (a haunting rock vs horror and a forgotten Conti)
06. Relentless by Jay Chattaway (a very Herrmann VS Morricone sounding score I LOVE IT)
05. Fright Night 1 & 2 by Brad Fiedel (It´s a shame this isn´t released at all as it is 80´s nostalgia at its best)
04. Friday the 13th 1-6 by Harry Manfredini ( I love Psycho, but I say Psycho has NOTHING against this one, this is religion!!!)
NOW WE GET TO COCONUT HEAVEN!!!

03. Stepfather by Patrik Moriaz (this is something i would litterarly kill for to see released as it is soooo good)
02. Creepshow 2 by Rick Wakeman & Les Reed (well Creepshow threated me to put this one up here *LOL*, who am I kidding...I want it more than he does!!!)
01. WATCHERS by JOEL GOLDSMITH (this is from a Goldsmith and surpasses everything his father ever did, well except Total Recall then :mrgreen: )

These are all unreleased (OK, I know Fright Night had a Japanese CD release but think that wasn´t a legit release, otherwise they are all lost in battle and I´m ready to go to war for them...

Roger and Doug, please release atleast one every Halloween and I will remain calm in my crib not going bonkers (well that Andromeda Strain CD really got to me and I have to take my chillpills :twisted: )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:02 pm 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:53 am 

I'm all for expanded Nightmare on Elm Street and The Thing releases (I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to shell out 95-200 for Morricone's underrated work) and official Fright Night 1/2 releases.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 pm 

You know, I think someone in soundtrack heaven heard my plea/demand as weeks after that Intrada gave us Fright Night and LLLR announced a Friday the 13th boxset...

This is awsome and Fright Night spinns alot here along with Funeral Home...What an awsome October this was :)