[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Airport, Airport 1975, Airport '77, Airport '79

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airport, Airport 1975, Airport '77, Airport '79
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:13 am 

The AIRPORT films are very much in need of a release and/or re-release

AIRPORT: Available originally on an LP, and on an OOP Varese CD

AIRPORT 1975: Available originally on an LP, and on a Japanese CD

AIRPORT '77: NO SOUNDTRACK LP OR CD EVER

AIRPORT '79 - THE CONCORDE: NO SOUNDTRACK LP OR CD EVER

Post subject: Re: Airport, Airport 1975, Airport '77, Airport '79
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:47 am 

Sounds like a beautiful idea for a box set!

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 am 

I second the third one...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:04 pm 

All of the Airport scores, complete of course, would be very velcome! I guess they would sell pretty good too...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:14 pm 

I so agree... I had brought this up some time ago. Alfred Newman's original... a total classic. 75 and 77, both scored by John Cacavas were actually quite elegant in their style and execution. The more exciting score was 77. 79, even though the movie left a lot to be desired in terms of (keeping a straight face during some of the scenes) did feature a superb, exciting score from Lalo Schifrin. Very much in style with his Fourth Protocol scrore years later. A box set... Oh yeah... sign me up right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:04 am 

Big fan of Cacavas' Airport '75 Score 8)

Also really like those strangely unsettling Moog (?) notes in '77 (warrrb warrrrb) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm 

Airport '77 at the very least, please

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 pm 

I really support this because the scores to all four movies were great.

bj:Love the artwork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 am 

Here's another vote for Airport '77 ... John Cacavas did a great job here with a rousing main theme and moody electronics melded with traditional orchestra. The extended TV version includes an extended version of at least one piece and even a brief theatrically-unused cue with mournful brass for the scene where the passengers realise the passing ship does not know they are below it. ... Bring it on :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:01 pm 
It is only a matter of time before these show up. That is of course barring any possible issues with elements, but Universal thus far seems to have an almost impeccable track record in this regard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 pm 

That's a very nice mock cover for Airport '77. Great key art for that film and most of the other Airport movies.

I can't tell you how many times I listened to the opening main title from Airport '75 when I was a little kid. I was always captivated how the first chords were strangely menacing, and then became this lush and haunting theme as Karen Black walks through Dulles airport in a white coat supplied by Edith Head (everything was so much more elegant where air travel was concerned back then -- even George Kennedy's preteen son wears a coat and tie and the plane, which I'm sure would have most teenagers today screaming bloody murder).

Anyway, I've long wished that Airport '75 and '77 would get a full CD release. Hopefully Universal Pictures and UMG are willing to make it happen.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:28 pm 

It's great to see BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE released by Intrada - let's maintain the aquatic disaster theme so that we can see John Cacavas' AIRPORT '77 released :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:27 pm 

Sign me up for these as well. Especially want Airport '75.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:51 pm 

You can count me in on buying a boxed set they way Intrada did The Great Escape.