[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Airport, Airport 1975, Airport '77, Airport '79

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Airport, Airport 1975, Airport '77, Airport '79
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:42 pm 

They are still listed on Amazon.co.jp, but it seems prices have tripled since I purchased them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:54 pm 

Well a few weeks ago there were limited edition Japanese re-issues of both AIRPORT and AIRPORT 1975, both at budget prices. Well I held off buying them because they only contained the same programs as originally appeared on LP. Now they're both sold out! Did I do the right thing? I just can't believe that they're won't be expanded versions of these titles, and of course premiere releases of both AIRPORT '77 and AIRPORT '79. (By the way, John Cacavas died a few days ago...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 pm 
The sound on the recent Airport 1975 album is alright even though it's a bit too reverby for my taste. The wonderful sweeping strings are decently rendered and the stereo imaging is good overall.

I doubt Cacavas' recent death would make Universal want his Airport scores released any sooner. It would be distasteful if that were the case, and logically wouldn't make a difference in the sales of such a niche product.

Mr. Cacavas apparently did very much enjoy seeing his work get released on album, so it's a real pity that he did not get to see his magnum opus' for theatrical film receive definitive treatment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:37 am 

I agree with the need for this release, also something else I noticed, these vinyls we all used to collect had some really cool covers, the one that was posted early with the plane resting over the waterfall really is quite an amazing piece of artwork.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:37 am 

A 5:53 concert suite from "Concorde:Airport '79" was included in the "Lalo Schifrin - My Life in Music" box set.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:33 am 
The Airport and Airport '75 Japanese CDs have been re-pressed. Buy at your own risk, as I suppose it's possible for Intrada to release definitive editions soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:35 pm 

All of the soundtracks need a decent release. These re-releases of "Airport" and "Airport 1975" are basically re-issues of the original soundtrack albums already released, containing nothing new. The original "Airport" soundtrack released was a re-recording and not the original score used for the film.

Airport 77 and Concorde: Airport 1979 still need their world premiere release. I really hope somebody is working on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:08 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:11 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:36 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:43 pm 

Bump - Just because I really, really, really, really. really appreciate Airport '77 :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 pm 

I'm just posting again because I really do want to own all of these scores. Let us hope in the near future that an announcement will be made that a set of these scores is going to be released. We'll all be jumping up and down with joy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 pm 

Even though I've been a score fanatic all my life, I didn't get into the boutique labels and collecting until around 2007. Immediately I put these 4 scores at the top of my most wanted list-- almost positive that they would see the light of day soon. Well, almost 8 years on and they're still my holy grail! :D I thought for sure they'd be released by now. Perhaps someone is working on it-- we can hope!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:53 pm 

528 days calls for a BUMP!

And a wish ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:46 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next