[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Billy Goldenberg: the 1970's Scores

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Billy Goldenberg: the 1970's Scores
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:35 am 

Once again, I would pay a premium price for a pristine sounding collection of Goldenberg's work from the Universal vaults. Maybe Intrada could start with a combo set of his two premiere Universal scores for the made-for-tv films, FEAR NO EVIL and RITUAL OF EVIL, where his signature style burst on the scene fully formed.

I fully realize Goldenberg is top of mind primarily for us folk who have an encyclopedic memory of 70's series and made-for-TV films. Maybe we should suggest a "Kickstarter Campaign" for the project like this to Doug and Roger. I'd be good for c-note (or two.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:48 pm 

Duel would be a long awaited soundtrack to come out they have made a bootleg type version but never have officially released it

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:04 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:31 pm 

He also wrote a fantastic score for the IT TAKES A THIEF episode where Mundy and his father (Fred Astaire) robe the bank at Monte Carlo!

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:48 pm 

Thanks so much to Intrada for giving us Duel by Billy Goldenberg this past year! I figured this thread was worth a bump to celebrate, and also inquire again about the possibility of tackling a two-disc set of season 1 Columbo scores from Grusin (first pilot), Goldenberg, and Melle...I think you'd have quite a few takers!

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:40 am 

Duel was for me the perhaps best Intrada release in 2015!

A release of his score for "Lady in Waiting" alone would make my day! :)

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:47 am 
It will be interesting to see how Intrada tackles Universal TV series like Columbo if they are possible for release.

There’s simply too much good stuff from the studio. I don’t know how the workflow usually goes for television album projects, but if it allows going through one series at a time with a single three or four-disc set of the “most essential” music, then that would be ideal for me. They could perhaps revisit some series at a later time once others have been justly represented.

I guess the real question is whether this stuff is cataloged and labeled thoroughly. If not, then costs can really mount up as scores could get transferred without knowing exactly what they are.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:30 am 

As we still haven't had any Columbo, I am starting to wonder if it was one of the victims of the fire at Universal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:31 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:44 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 am 

The recurring main theme for "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" is one of those pieces of music that haunts my dreams. But not in a scary axe-murderer sort of way (despite the creepy children chanting in some instances), it's quite a lovely bit of orchestration, actually...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:44 pm 

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I’ve been really enjoying Billy Goldenberg’s 70’s stuff, particularly the Columbo stuff. Does anyone know much about the instruments he used in his scores? I hear a lot of harpsichord stuff in Columbo, but I don’t know much about the instrument. Is the one he is using an electric harpsichord? Some people have suggested to me that it might be a Baldwin electric.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:46 pm 

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI