[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Predator 2 Expanded Score

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Predator 2 Expanded Score
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:46 pm 

From what I understand (I don't have it myself), the Varese release was fine, and well recieved. I know Intrada's release was based on newly found digital tapes, so probably sounds better, if for that reason alone.

You're probably right about Varese though. Depends on rights, market, demand, contracts, and which label has the time, resources and inclination to do it.

But since Predator was given a Deluxe Release, then given a remastered-from-new-sources release by Intrada, my ideal would be for Intrada to tackle it :).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm 

Reports are from people who've already got it, it does sound better. And I bet the distortion is gone, too (can anybody verify that?).

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:07 am 
I am still a novice when it comes down to this stuff dang it.. :wink:

Hmmm if Varese still owns the rights to Pred 2, it would make sense to release a potential P2 deluxe ed. as part of their future club release. I would guess this might generate sales from the Predator sdtk franchise and sell maybe 2000 copies?

Or if Intrada can pull another rabbit out of their hats again & get the rights then that would be great.

But only time will tell. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:51 am 

Review from Amazon.co.uk of 1990 Varese release.

When I first purchased this CD, something about it bothered me. It lacked space, and bass. I put it down to the possibility that the CD had been mastered in one of those short-lived spatialising tools such as RSS or QSound. I dragged the CD out recently, and this time I ran it through a phase-correlation meter, and saw massive phase error. The two channels are 180 degrees out of phase throughout the CD!
What this means is that when the left speaker is pushing out on a bass hit, the right is sucking in, which leads to sound cancelling out in mid-air! The upshot is that the mix sounds vague and centre-less, and unlistenable in headphones. I phase-reversed the right channel in SoundForge and presto, one sparkling and vibrant soundtrack... In simple terms, this is a flawed product spoilt by a school-boy error in mastering, and should be avoided unless you can rip it and phase-invert it. Otherwise sadly, it really is a cracking score. The end-titles are amazing...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:38 pm 

I wonder what exactly the command is to do that (in Audacity at least). "Invert" doesn't seem to do much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:12 pm 
Another reason an expanded CD is needed...... :wink: :mrgreen:

Glad to see this thread is still alive. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 pm 

I think it's time we started hinting for this one again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:58 am 

Unfortunately Varese holds in perpetuity rights on this :/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:48 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:11 pm 
I always figured that something must have gone awry in the mastering stage for the Varese release, as the score should sound much more dynamic.

I really hope Varese gets to treating this marvelous score properly sooner rather than later. But, I can say that about a number of early Varese albums that are significantly lacking in some way or another.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:39 am 

I've mentioned this elsewhere but I've always wondered something...

...since Intrada, LLL, and the rest license titles from Sony, EMI, WEA, etc., would licensing a title from Varese be any different? Or perhaps a co-production deal (in the style of Intrada/Disney) could be worked out with them?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:01 am 
I don't see why not. I guess it would be a matter of whether Varese is willing to reasonably negotiate terms with a capable label like Intrada or LLL, rather than continue selling a poor sounding album that acts as a sub-par representation of a grand action score.

I know that never-before-released scores should often have priority, but this one is in dire need of an upgrade.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 am 
C'mon Varese give Intrada a chance. It's only fair since they re-released Pred 1.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:00 pm 

This should give y'all an idea of the release we will never get.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:17 pm 

What does "Logo 90" means ? Have the Logo changed later ?