[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Airport 75, Airport 77... an Airport box.

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airport 75, Airport 77... an Airport box.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:23 am 

Yes!
Being almost pathological in my crush for the 1970´s scores, I think Your idea about an Airport box is a great one. I support You in this most urgent matter!

And I bet Your English is way better than my Portuguese! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:34 am 

I would buy such a box in a heartbeat! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:24 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:51 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:14 pm 

Post subject: Re: Airport 75, Airport 77... an Airport box.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:53 am 

YES intrada. please give us a boxed set of the Airport scores or at least releases of the scores not out in some form yet. Airport 77and Airport. Score long overdue and a chance to give John Cacavas credit for his great scores. Lalo at least seems to already have the notoriety he deserves already.

Lets get universal to do complete scores for all Airports and a chance to make more money on their franchise while giving us listening pleasure HAHA!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 am 

If they used the original poster art for Airport '75 and Airport '77, I might buy them for that alone, with the scores by John Cacavas as an extra added bonus. :D

Seriously, I had Airport '75 on LP when I was little and listened to the Main Title so much that my brother wanted to kill me. It always reminded me of Karen Black walking into Dulles International Airport in that white coat, navigating the terminals until she's reunited with Chuck Heston.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 am 

Well... how time flies (no pun intended)? I am still hopeful a box set of these great scores is one day released. It would be great to have Alfred Newman, John Cacavas and Lalo Schifrin scores... complete... in a deluxe set.

Funny you mention the main title of 75... I always think that too... Karen Black in the white coat... Mr. Cacavas provided the films he worked on with some fine music. I have always thought his main titles are very elegant and stylish.

Even though '79 was not among the finest hours of the series... you have to admit... Lalo Schifrin turned in an energetic, very exciting score. The main theme is awesome.

Well... better start crossing my fingers again...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:46 pm 

I agree that ALL of the AIRPORT SCORES need to be released. I own Alfred Newman's Airport on both CD and LP as well as John Cacavas's score to Airport 75.

I think all scores should be released in a box set.

One thing I will say is they need to release the film version of Alfred Newman's Airport score because the Varese Sarabande CD and Decca LP aren't the real McCoy. The main titles from the movie and the soundtrack album don't sound alike at all. Those of you who own the already existing soundtrack releases and the film, listen to them and you'll see. The music in the film sounds much better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 pm 
Roger said that he has no interest in producing box sets, but would he approve of these four scores in just a regular 4-disc jewel case?

If production costs are reasonable enough to sell such a set for $50-$60, then this is one of a few scenarios where bunching all of the scores from a series makes a lot of sense for both the buyer and the producer (the Lethal Weapon and Police Academy series of films being other examples).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:09 pm 
A little sampling of each score for those unfamiliar with them. Thanks to those who uploaded the videos.

Airport '79

Airport '77

Airport '75

Airport

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 am