Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rozsa conducts Rozsa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:56 pm 

It's interesting that Quartet have included the "Fantasy" from THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (recorded in the mid-70's as part of the 3 LP collection which the composer recorded with the Royal Philharmonic for Deutsche Grammophon), yet the entire collection remains unreleased on CD. Or is it? I've just learned of a 2 volume CD entitled "MIKLOS ROZSA-A MUSICAL AUTOBIOGRAPHY". (One volume covers the period 1937-49, the other the 1950's.) It's been released on the SoundStage label (with respective catalog numbers CD-610 and 630.) There are 23 tracks, which on a casual glance seems to correspond with the complete LP program. Has anyone heard these CDs? Are they licensed? (I know of a SoundStage LP label from the '70's which released several pirates and bootlegs of film music.)

Post subject: Re: Rozsa conducts Rozsa
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:57 pm 

It's interesting that Quartet Records included a portion of these Rozsa Polydor recordings when they released their 50th Anniversary Edition of THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (i.e. the 8-minute Fantasy). Does this give one hope that the complete programs of these 3 LPs will finally be transferred to CD? (As I mentioned previously, these indeed have been issued in two volumes under the title MIKLOS ROZSA: A MUSICAL AUTOBIOGRAPHY on the SoundStage "label", which I suspect have been mastered straight off vinyl. Does anyone have these? What's the sound quality like?)