[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Alfred the Great by Raymond Leppard

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alfred the Great by Raymond Leppard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:48 pm 

Time that this excellent score, which was released on M-G-M Records in the U.K., enjoy a legal CD release.

Post subject: Re: Alfred the Great by Raymond Leppard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm 

Oh yes, I second that! I had the dodgy CD, but lost it in a house move about fifteen years ago. The MGM LP looked like a boot with its b/w cover, maybe they were legally bound to release the LP & didn't take much care over the cover. I think MGM had given up on the film before it was released (I like the film, but it has many faults). You can hear excerpts of the score on you tube. It would be great for this to get the Intrada treatment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:50 pm 

I think the MGM LP was only released in the U.K., hence its scarcity. By all means this should be resurrected on CD...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:18 pm 

the Wessex promo is one of those cds that I can play repeatedly for several days. Not sure why since there's only two themes repeated ad nauseam; or maybe that's the reason - there's never a bad cue. Going on day three right now...
I thought it had the same content as the LP (except the Lord Of Flies track), which is why I tossed out my LP rip cdr.
I dont know how long it took for Sir Gawain to sell out - and since that movie is unavailable I assume sales were based on the composer and soundsamples. The movie of Alfred is less hard to find, but I suppose the relatively unknown composer (to soundtrack fans) might be an issue. Soundsamples might compensate for that.
Gawain was good but Alfred was great!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 am