Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legends of the Fall
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:15 am 

I would love to see a box set for this, my favourite score of all time. A 3 cd set like the fab one you produced for Conan or lalalands Wyatt Earp would be a dream come true. What are the chances?

Post subject: Re: Legends of the Fall
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 pm 
Is there known to be enough music for 3 CDs? The complete work and plenty of extras should fit very comfortably on 2 CDs. A third disc for the original album wouldn't make much sense in this case.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 pm 

Thanks for your reply fella, all I meant was if there was enough for a grand presentation on 3 cds like the sterling job lalaland did with wyatt earp that I would be overjoyed. I have no idea how much music exists. Needless to say whatever size expansion is possible I would buy in a heartbeat. It is my all time favourite score. Anyone know what the chances are of an expanded release?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:25 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
It is a gorgeous score, to be sure, one of Horner's finest. But is there really substantial music missing from the current presentation? The album as it is has a wonderful musical flow to it, I'm not even sure there is a need for expansion. But I have not seen the movie since its theatrical release, so I can't really tell what's missing.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:07 am 

There is enough missin music to do a 2cd set. I just love the score so would welcome more of it. I know it just a pipe dream, but feel it equally as Significant as Newton Howards Wyatt Earp so would deserve a similar treatment. (Btw I do love my wyatt earp 3cd set)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:28 pm 
There's not all that much missing from what I gather, but definitely enough for a 2-CD set. It would probably be a difficult sell at an expected $25 or $30 when the fantastic and widely in-print current album goes for a mere $8, although just about everything gets expanded these days and this is one of Horner's most acclaimed works.

As usual with original Horner CDs, the current album is an excellent and very generous representation of the score with great, dynamic sound quality that lets the instruments breathe most naturally (i.e., the complete opposite of being compressed to hell).