www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jan 9th Release
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:20 am 

lawandorder wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
lawandorder wrote:
Varese still has both Adventures of Huck Finn and Christopher Columbus The Discovery in purpituity so definitely not.

I thought that about a few titles that Varese continued to sell on iTunes, but were later released on CD by another label. Their hold on rights is not so clear-cut in some cases.

I do thank Lokutus for mentioning the Eidelman score. I hadn't heard it before, but will soon buy the existing album. See, these threads can be useful in some way.

Only Entertainment lawyers know more about this stuff so they would have the final say. As far as it has been stated, Varese has owned or owned the releases starting from 1990 till now...so they can probably tell you straight out, digitally or physically.

Varese perpetually owns some stuff they released in all decades starting with their beginnings in the '70s, it's just that they ramped it up in the '90s. But, you're right, it is for the rights owners to really give a shit about this decreasingly interesting area.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:19 am 

Didn't the good people at LLL once say they were trying to work on a release of Robin Hood? I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, but I just seem to remember hearing something about it before. If Intrada does release it, I'm still for it either way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 pm 

Michael Kamen's The Three Musketeers would be my guess, and I'd be all over that.

Holy Grails: Dracula (John Williams) - Curse you, Anvil Studios; Moonraker (John Barry) expanded - Curse you, missing masters; Grizzly (Robert O. Ragland); Airport '77 (John Cacavas); Earthquake (John Williams) - expanded.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am 

TripleC*27 wrote:
Didn't the good people at LLL once say they were trying to work on a release of Robin Hood? I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, but I just seem to remember hearing something about it before. If Intrada does release it, I'm still for it either way.

Not condescending in the slightest. I will add that one label trying to work on something does not necessarily preclude another label from actually delivering it. However, I suspect that the release will be less popular, which of course is not to say that the music won't be as good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:52 am 

krankyboy wrote:
Michael Kamen's The Three Musketeers would be my guess, and I'd be all over that.

Perhaps notably more in the action camp than adventure. Kamen and Disney is a good mix for this label, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 am 

Could be the two hour WB powerhouse score that Doug alluded to last year. He also said there was a nine minute action sequence. Prince of Thieves does have a nine minute action sequence at the climax and was co-produced by WB.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:29 pm 

More exciing update from Doug in the Doug Corner Thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 am 

azahid wrote:

Maybe it is Robin Hood after all. I can easily do without the songs and the score is fantastic even if the performances can leave a lot to be desired.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 am 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
azahid wrote:

Maybe it is Robin Hood after all. I can easily do without the songs and the score is fantastic even if the performances can leave a lot to be desired.

The songs are great. 'Everything I Do' holds the British record for longest stay at number 1... sixteen weeks. Yes, that's right - sixteen weeks. That stat is the stuff of legend over here in the UK. I suspect it would be VERY expensive to licence. That matches up with RF's comments last year in the FSM Titanic thread about another popular song not included on a future Intrada release.

Wild Times is a good song too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 am 

litefoot wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
azahid wrote:

The songs are great. 'Everything I Do' holds the British record for longest stay at number 1... sixteen weeks. Yes, that's right - sixteen weeks. That stat is the stuff of legend over here in the UK. I suspect it would be VERY expensive to licence. That matches up with RF's comments last year in the FSM Titanic thread about another popular song not included on a future Intrada release.

Yes, it was very popular. With regard to quality, the melody is one of the greats and the lyrics are good, it's just that Bryan Adams' voice grates on me to the point of being unlistenable. The song works much better with a strong female vocal, and I'm not saying that for any cringe-worthy politically correct reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:54 am 

OMG !!!! I cannot believe my eyes. Just ordered 2 copies.

Now the entire Rocky Stuff and i can die.

ROCKY - BOX SET (I, II, III, V, BALBOA) - Bill Conti 1976-2006
Hart To Hart (TV Soundtrack) - Mark Snow 1979
Airwolf (TV Soundtrack) - Sylvester Levay 1984
Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves - Michael Kamen 1991