Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dec 5th Releases
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am 

One last sample to hold you over:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmbzxw68zgt83 ... F.wav?dl=0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 pm 

Thank you, thank you, thank you. One of my biggest holy grails, as you well know!

Yavar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:35 pm 

All right, who do I need to kiss for Damnation Alley?

Thank God for you guys.

Holy Grails: Dracula (John Williams) - Curse you, Anvil Studios; Moonraker (John Barry) expanded - Curse you, missing masters; Grizzly (Robert O. Ragland); Airport '77 (John Cacavas); Earthquake (John Williams) - expanded.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:14 am 

OMG!!! My top of the top of holy grails! I can't believe it!! I'll just freak out!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU so very much Intrada!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:34 am 

Unable to hear the sample via my iPhone but
Whooo!!
Hooooo!!!

DAMNATION ALLEY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:

Sounds good, though I wonder if all of the synth tracks are mostly mixed rather loud and dead center. I imagine that given the circumstances synergy was impossible to perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:25 pm 

Wow! Just incredible. Never thought I would see the day. My favourite Goldsmith of all time. The film score that cemented my passion for Jerry Goldsmith’s wonderful music. Watched this film 13 times in a week when it was recorded on our first video recorder back in the early 80s just to listen to the music!

Thank you Intrada you have made Christmas!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:51 pm 

So what about "the other" title... any clues what it may actually include?

John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:02 pm 

Lokutus wrote:
So what about "the other" title... any clues what it may actually include?

Just 50 hours until its reveal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:23 am 

While the big clock ticks down to DAMNATION ALLEY's announcement, I find myself wondering whether the Steiner set (as we assume) might contain YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE: another catchy '60s Steiner theme I discovered from that batch of old Warner Bros. trailers I mentioned. Any film-music fan who sits through that picture -- setting up young author James Franciscus in an impossible-choice romantic triangle between the delectable young Suzanne Pleshette and the irresistible Genevieve Page -- will have that theme in your head for days!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:31 am 

Steven Lloyd wrote:
While the big clock ticks down to DAMNATION ALLEY's announcement, I find myself wondering whether the Steiner set (as we assume) might contain YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE:

It will certainly not be a Steiner set as Ray Faiola has confirmed just two days ago on the FSM board:

"No, my news (oy - so sorry folks!) is not re Intrada. I'm looking forward to Intrada's news like everybody else!!"

Also the studios where the main material for this set comes from are WB and MGM. Steiner didn´t work at MGM!
So it will rather be a Waxman 4 CD set - probably comprising the period from 1936 till 1960 (SUNRISE AT CAMPOBELLO was Waxman´s last Warner score in 1960). Keep in mind that 2017 is also the 50th anniversary of Waxman´s death.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:42 am 

Stefan Schlegel wrote:
It will certainly not be a Steiner set as Ray Faiola has confirmed just two days ago on the FSM board:

"No, my news (oy - so sorry folks!) is not re Intrada. I'm looking forward to Intrada's news like everybody else!!"

Also the studios where the main material for this set comes from are WB and MGM. Steiner didn´t work at MGM!
So it will rather be a Waxman 4 CD set - probably comprising the period from 1936 till 1960 (SUNRISE AT CAMPOBELLO was Waxman´s last Warner score in 1960). Keep in mind that 2017 is also the 50th anniversary of Waxman´s death.

Okay, we'll soon see whether the 4-disc set is Waxman and not Steiner. But remember Roger's "statistics list" stating that this set involves three studios; and while Doug has confirmed that the recordings are from MGM and WB, I reasoned earlier that the third studio has to be one which is also now controlled by Warners. So for what WB-controlled libraries did Waxman compose? That eliminates Universal, Paramount, and Fox. Is there some isolated film Waxman scored that somehow has wound up under WB ownership? Otherwise, I don't see Waxman fitting that three-studios factor.

And while I confirmed that I couldn't think of an MGM assignment for Steiner, I also pointed out that GONE WITH THE WIND was a Selznick production later acquired by MGM, therefore now owned by Warners. So the burden of reasoning for a different composer behind the imminent set lies with the challenger. Get to it: not much time left!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am 

Waxman scored Fox, Warner, Paramount and RKO films in the "Golden Age".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:35 am 

WB doesn't control any titles produced by Fox or Paramount; but (as I've already written) they acquired the RKO library when they picked up Turner Entertainment. What are some Waxman credits at RKO?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am 

Steven Lloyd wrote:
WB doesn't control any titles produced by Fox or Paramount; but (as I've already written) they acquired the RKO library when they picked up Turner Entertainment. What are some Waxman credits at RKO?

FIVE CAME BACK and THE BLUE VEIL are 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next