Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:50 pm
Posts: 38
What about The Mighty Ducks trilogy?

The Ernest comedies that Disney owns?

The 100 Lives Of Black Jack Savage?

The score may be more action-packed than the film.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:09 am
Posts: 40
disneyfella wrote:
What about The Mighty Ducks trilogy?

The Ernest comedies that Disney owns?

The 100 Lives Of Black Jack Savage?

The score may be more action-packed than the film.


None of those could be considered masterpieces, by any stretch of the imagination.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 502
Location: Darwen, UK
Just looking at the other assets Disney owns:

Touchstone Pictures
Lucasfilm
Marvel

Are there any others?

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:38 pm
Posts: 1546
Location: Los Angeles, CA
litefoot wrote:
They've not done any archive material from Zimmer but they did release his score to The Lone Ranger, so who knows?


You're forgetting White Fang, though I suspect they tackled the project more for the Poledouris score. Still, they *could* have chosen to leave the Zimmer score off, but they didn't.

Yavar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 502
Location: Darwen, UK
Yavar Moradi wrote:
litefoot wrote:
They've not done any archive material from Zimmer but they did release his score to The Lone Ranger, so who knows?


You're forgetting White Fang, though I suspect they tackled the project more for the Poledouris score. Still, they *could* have chosen to leave the Zimmer score off, but they didn't.

Yavar


Indeed, I forgot that one!

I've been looking through the Touchstones catalog for anything that might be considered an action masterpiece. This is tricky.

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3033
Regardless, the composer should not matter. Intrada introduces a new composer to its label every now and then, with this year bringing their first albums by Quincy Jones, Kenyon Hopkins, Aaron Copland and Frank LaLoggia.

As ought to be the case, the balance of elements/rights and basic demand are what counts. Despite some vocal people attempting to appear musically erudite by constantly ridiculing Hans Zimmer, he is one of the more popular draws.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 502
Location: Darwen, UK
T. Newman Fan wrote:
As ought to be the case, the balance of elements/rights and basic demand are what counts. Despite some vocal people attempting to appear musically erudite by constantly ridiculing Hans Zimmer, he is one of the more popular draws.


The Pirates of the Caribbean films are rather lengthy (the first one alone is 2 hrs 20), are owned by Disney, and scored by Zimmer/Badelt and their team. Conceivably enough music for a 3 CD set. And it's an action-packed score. I have the original CD myself. So that all fits. But I can't see Doug calling it a masterpiece somehow. Same with Willow.

I was looking at Howard the Duck, a film I've never seen. Lucasfilm, so Disney territory. Barry score, plus replacement Levay material, plus songs. Could conceivably be 3 CDs with all that lot, plus the original album. But I've never heard anyone refer to the score as an action masterpiece. So that doesn't seem right either.

Tron... too short. Basil Poledouris' Jungle Book... too short. Horner's Mighty Joe Young? Star Wars: A New Hope? I'm just making wild stabs in the dark now...

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 502
Location: Darwen, UK
I just read the Mike Matessino interview at jwfan. No Star Wars expanded score presentations coming 'just yet'. So that's Star Wars off the table for a while.

Full interview:

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=9994

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 3033
litefoot wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
As ought to be the case, the balance of elements/rights and basic demand are what counts. Despite some vocal people attempting to appear musically erudite by constantly ridiculing Hans Zimmer, he is one of the more popular draws.


The Pirates of the Caribbean films are rather lengthy (the first one alone is 2 hrs 20), are owned by Disney, and scored by Zimmer/Badelt and their team. Conceivably enough music for a 3 CD set. And it's an action-packed score. I have the original CD myself. So that all fits. But I can't see Doug calling it a masterpiece somehow. Same with Willow.

I can easily imagine Doug calling Willow a masterpiece. At the very least, it's a masterpiece of emotion and musicianship.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 502
Location: Darwen, UK
T. Newman Fan wrote:
litefoot wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
As ought to be the case, the balance of elements/rights and basic demand are what counts. Despite some vocal people attempting to appear musically erudite by constantly ridiculing Hans Zimmer, he is one of the more popular draws.


The Pirates of the Caribbean films are rather lengthy (the first one alone is 2 hrs 20), are owned by Disney, and scored by Zimmer/Badelt and their team. Conceivably enough music for a 3 CD set. And it's an action-packed score. I have the original CD myself. So that all fits. But I can't see Doug calling it a masterpiece somehow. Same with Willow.

I can easily imagine Doug calling Willow a masterpiece. At the very least, it's a masterpiece of emotion and musicianship.


But an action-packed masterpiece? Not so sure.

As regards LLL's Black Friday releases, they go on sale on Tuesday Nov 28th, which would normally be an Intrada announcement day (if the two week pattern continues), so I'm wondering if Intrada might alter their schedule to delay their Christmas titles a week or so.

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Latest releases in 2017 ?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 502
Location: Darwen, UK
Clue day? Cosmos Vol 3, probably. And maybe Roger will unveil the plans for the rest of the year too.

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group