Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 4th release
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:26 am 

True I said we'd be on spring break but we were able to squeeze a smaller reissue in. It's an expanded reissue of a mid 80s horror score. It's expanded by around 15 minutes and has been remixed from the 24 track elements so now you can hear a level of detail you couldn't before. From the same team that brought another horror film that is in a our catalog from a year earlier

Post subject: Re: April 4th release
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:51 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
True I said we'd be on spring break but we were able to squeeze a smaller reissue in. It's an expanded reissue of a mid 80s horror score. It's expanded by around 15 minutes and has been remixed from the 24 track elements so now you can hear a level of detail you couldn't before. From the same team that brought another horror film that is in a our catalog from a year earlier

Fright Night? Tom Holland directed it and wrote Psycho II which you have also released.

That would be ironic as I've just purchased your original release of Fright Night! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:54 am 

As much as I love film music, unfortunately I’m not very good at guessing these. Maybe this is hope speaking as I would like to have this score on CD, but I’m going to guess Troll. It seems to fit the clue: Troll was released in 1986, one year after Re-Animator (both of which are in Intrada’s catalog). Both scores were by the great Richard Band and I’m pretty sure Troll was produced by Charles Band’s Empire Pictures, and I think he/they were involved in the distribution of Re-Animator, so depending on the definition of the ‘team’ behind both films that seems to fit, as well. I don’t know much about Troll’s score, but the original album was about 37 minutes so an additional 15 minutes seems possible.

Again, not always good at guessing these and I could be wrong, but this is my guess.

-Air Force One [expanded] (Jerry Goldsmith)
-Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [expanded] (John Williams)
-Horror of Dracula (James Bernard)
-Psycho III (Carter Burwell)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:51 am 

master6689 wrote:
As much as I love film music, unfortunately I’m not very good at guessing these. Maybe this is hope speaking as I would like to have this score on CD, but I’m going to guess Troll. It seems to fit the clue: Troll was released in 1986, one year after Re-Animator (both of which are in Intrada’s catalog). Both scores were by the great Richard Band and I’m pretty sure Troll was produced by Charles Band’s Empire Pictures, and I think he/they were involved in the distribution of Re-Animator, so depending on the definition of the ‘team’ behind both films that seems to fit, as well. I don’t know much about Troll’s score, but the original album was about 37 minutes so an additional 15 minutes seems possible.

Again, not always good at guessing these and I could be wrong, but this is my guess.

Actually it's more like 10 extra minutes now that I look at the final timings. But it's not Troll. Doesn't really fit the clue well enough.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:24 pm 

Link 1986 ?
Cat's Eye 1985 ?
Re-Animator 1986 ?
Fright Night 1985 ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:53 pm 

giorgio moroder wrote:
Cat's Eye 1985 ?

Released by Intrada in 2015 and still available, but not for long, it's in the Danger Zone:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9 ... gory=66697

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:28 pm 

Crawlspace would be a treat - it's from Charles Band and Empire Pictures (now Orion), and the only available source for the prior issue was the Varese album master.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:59 pm 

Re-Animator was already released complete by Intrada (and then re-released sans bonus Band score). Cat's Eye already got an expanded (probably complete?) release from Intrada, as previously noted. LINK would be awesome to get in complete form and is missing about 10 minutes, but I'd be shocked since the recent LLL reissue is still in print and both they and Intrada searched for the missing music quite extensively before giving up and issuing the original album program.

Yavar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:32 am 

Still hoping it's TERRORVISION (1986) - Richard Band
songs by Fibonaccis

Fits the clues as it's from the Charles Band production company.
Whether 24-track masters survive for this score is a good question, however according to wiki, the producers were hoping this horror comedy would be profitable and splurged on the music budget with the Fibonaccis. Sadly, the movie bombed and the soundtrack album, as of yet, remains unissued on CD.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 am 

DeviantMan wrote:
Still hoping it's TERRORVISION (1986) - Richard Band
songs by Fibonaccis

Fits the clues as it's from the Charles Band production company.
Whether 24-track masters survive for this score is a good question, however according to wiki, the producers were hoping this horror comedy would be profitable and splurged on the music budget with the Fibonaccis. Sadly, the movie bombed and the soundtrack album, as of yet, remains unissued on CD.

This title is an expanded reissue so it can't be Terrorvision

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:58 am 

Sounds like From Beyond. It's mid-'80s, and Re-Animator would be the title from a year earlier by Band/Gordon that is in Intrada's catalog.

And doesn't MGM own the film now? 24-track masters seem to be newly discovered there on a regular basis.