Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jan 24th Release
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:51 am 

Golden Agers delight with this double header CD featuring the quintessential Americana composer. Expanded LP program for one, rounded out by premiere release for the other.

Post subject: Re: Jan 24th Release
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 am 

Are we talking about Aaron Copland here ? If so, THE RED PONY and THE HEIRESS would be F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 am 

I don't think this could be anything else besides Copland's The Red Pony and The Heiress. Since they are both Paramount-owned, I suspect this will be another Lukas Kendall project like the Rozsa series. RELEASE OF THE YEAR...as I said on the FSM board. Can't wait.

Between this release, Varese's Something Wild, and the Naxos complete re-recordings of Of Mice and Men and Our Town, no less than five of Copland's six Hollywood scores are available in substantial form. (The sixth, his Oscar-nominated score to The North Star (1943), received a 17 minute newly recorded suite on the Celluloid Copland album, conducted by Jonathan Sheffer, which might be substantial enough for some.) Pretty amazing to realize that it was Copland's only Oscar-winner, The Heiress, which has been most unrepresented until now (just the concert suite of less than 10 minutes).

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:09 pm 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Are we talking about Aaron Copland here ? If so, THE RED PONY and THE HEIRESS would be F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !

I agree Monte. If so, hold a copy for me! Copland was a great composer who should have done more film scores.

Intrada is the BEST soundtrack label. They have not forgotten the great Golden Age scores as well as quality Silver Age scores and beyond. Intrada issues great CDs from all the decades, something for everyone! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:17 pm 

Intrada goes where other labels fear to tread. They are "HEARING" us "golden age " and "silver age " soundtrack fans as well as those who prefer more recent scores. I just hope my above guess as to this upcoming release is correct.