Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sept 6th Release
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:43 pm 

Since I haven't been able to confirm shipment of TC, we thought we'd do another side step while we wait and bring to you something that is exactly like TC, but completely different with no recognizable similarities. It's a late '80s sci-fi score marking an interesting transition for this composer from his mainly orchestral work to his first deep dive into a completely electronic sound that would serve him in many of this scores after. And it can be yours Tuesday!

Post subject: Re: Sept 6th Release
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:39 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
Since I haven't been able to confirm shipment of TC, we thought we'd do another side step while we wait and bring to you something that is exactly like TC, but completely different with no recognizable similarities. It's a late '80s sci-fi score marking an interesting transition for this composer from his mainly orchestral work to his first deep dive into a completely electronic sound that would serve him in many of this scores after. And it can be yours Tuesday!

Does a "side step" mean no TTC until at least September 20 ? Uhhhh !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:01 pm 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:

Probably. I think we'd firmly have them in stock by then.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:58 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:

What's two more weeks compared to sixty years? :| Still, the anticipation is excruciating.

"As we grow older the world becomes stranger ..." - T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:24 am 

Roger, eventhough THE TEN COMMANDMENTS won't go on sale until September 20 could you let us know when TTC is confirmed to be in stock ? Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:38 am 

dwkear wrote:
What's two more weeks compared to sixty years? :| Still, the anticipation is excruciating.

Well, I said before that I was being patient; but as it was written, so let it be done. (Besides, I have faith that this release won't disappoint, even after these brief, unanticipated delays.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:59 am 

I have September 20th marked on my calendar! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:18 am 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Roger, eventhough THE TEN COMMANDMENTS won't go on sale until September 20 could you let us know when TTC is confirmed to be in stock ? Thank you.

Without the info I noted in my first post, it would be difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:16 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
MONTE JACOBSON wrote:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I was trying to say was that if it arrives at Intrada at a date earlier than September 20 could you let us know. That way we wouldn't have to wait to the last minute for another possible disappointment. I hope you understand.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:14 pm 

Why do you need to know if it arrives before Sept 20? It arrives when it arrives. I am looking forward to it as much as anyone and I am sure Intrada will put it up for sale as soon as practicable. In the meantime purchase from their other tremendous selections.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:32 pm 

Mark5760 wrote:
Why do you need to know if it arrives before Sept 20? It arrives when it arrives. I am looking forward to it as much as anyone and I am sure Intrada will put it up for sale as soon as practicable. In the meantime purchase from their other tremendous selections.

The answer to your "why" is in my third sentence. Would it really hurt you or anyone else to know ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:20 pm 

Late 80s science-fiction score that marked a composer's move from predominantly orchestral to predominantly electronic?

I'm going to hazard a guess: Richard Band's score for Arena.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:38 pm 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
MONTE JACOBSON wrote:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I was trying to say was that if it arrives at Intrada at a date earlier than September 20 could you let us know. That way we wouldn't have to wait to the last minute for another possible disappointment. I hope you understand.

I agree Monte. If Roger gets them in before September 20th it will be reassuring to know all is set for a release on the 20th.
This is a milestone release for many of us and we are very anxious to purchase it. I saw the film (twice) when it came out in 1956, the opening music really impressed this 10 year old kid!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:52 pm 

Of course Doug and Roger will have the final word on this subject, but I thank you for your support, PFK.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:58 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:

If they are in stock by then... just announce them as soon as they come... why wait? :)

John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website