Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aug 23rd
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:05 pm 

[quote="Roger Feigelson"]And here comes the bad news. April Fools!! No, I jest. The release is real. But I just heard from the plant this morning that the slip case with the fancy gold foil lettering for the title will take an extra TWO WEEKS. So, I apologize for the late breaking disappointing news, but I will try to give out additional info to help us all get through two more weeks of waiting.

OK. What's another 2 weeks after having to wait 5 years . We shall endure !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:47 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
And here comes the bad news. April Fools!! No, I jest. The release is real. But I just heard from the plant this morning that the slip case with the fancy gold foil lettering for the title will take an extra TWO WEEKS. So, I apologize for the late breaking disappointing news, but I will try to give out additional info to help us all get through two more weeks of waiting.

In the meantime, not nearly as epic we do have another release to put in its place. This one is an oddball because it's a reissue of a title still in print in our catalog. But Doug and I both felt something things needed to be changed. So here you go.

Shall we be able to order on Aug 23, even if the box itself won't ship until Sep 6, please?

I wonder... May the second title be Rambo III which is currently out of stock? Or Ivanhoe (re-recording)?
I ignore what things have to be changed by the way!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:33 pm 

Eh Tar wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
And here comes the bad news. April Fools!! No, I jest. The release is real. But I just heard from the plant this morning that the slip case with the fancy gold foil lettering for the title will take an extra TWO WEEKS. So, I apologize for the late breaking disappointing news, but I will try to give out additional info to help us all get through two more weeks of waiting.

In the meantime, not nearly as epic we do have another release to put in its place. This one is an oddball because it's a reissue of a title still in print in our catalog. But Doug and I both felt something things needed to be changed. So here you go.

Shall we be able to order on Aug 23, even if the box itself won't ship until Sep 6, please?

I wonder... May the second title be Rambo III which is currently out of stock? Or Ivanhoe (re-recording)?
I ignore what things have to be changed by the way!

No preorders on TC, you'll have to wait. The reissue won't necessarily appeal to people who already have it. It's essentially the same contents. I'm sure a few people who were unhappy will spring for the upgrade, but we figured we could improve it so we'll out what we currently had with a better version and keep selling until interest runs out. So it will be a minor release.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 pm 

A bit more time to cleanse our palate before partaking ...

"As we grow older the world becomes stranger ..." - T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:29 pm 

James MacMillan wrote:
PFK wrote:

I think it was recorded in the Radio Recorders studio in Hollywood. Elmer did other re-recordings there too, many for UA Records like THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE SCALPHUNTERS, HAWAII, RETURN OF THE SEVEN/MAGNIFICENT 7 etc. Waxman did the UA LP to TARAS BULBA there, etc. I think the recording equipment was excellent for the 1960s, smaller orchestras were used. Back in the 60s it was cheaper to re-record a score than to pay the high re-use fees etc.

PFK, at the risk of being pedantic (and in no way wishing to de-rail this thread!), the album for Return of the Seven was recorded at the (now long defunct) CTS Studio at Bayswater in London...

Are you sure? If so, I stand corrected.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:49 pm 

Praise be to the Lord and the almighty hamsters...

For on the sixth day of the month of September,
good tithings I will bring for this humble offering.

Let God's will be done!

AMEN!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:25 am 

What I'd like to know how much it would cost in shipping and if Intrada could add registered shipping charges so that International buyers can track this package? I remember certain labels such as (FSM and Varese) were doing this as an exception for all their customers at the time of their box sets. Despite the high tariffs of shipping many fans will be quite overwhelmed with the duties and shipping charges.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:35 pm 

Well -- I don't check the thread for a day and miss "the big reveal." Thanks for granting the peek, Roger; the set looks glorious!

While at first I personally felt I didn't need the LP transfers, I admire this release "color coding" the separate discs to their jewel-case trays. But PFK's enthusiasm for the UA album (which I now realize I have seen before but just didn't remember) has convinced me I should at least listen to it, since I'll have it. And then, what the heck ... I really ought to try the mono album to experience the only way the record-buying public was able to enjoy those tracks for years until the stereo release.

How well I remember the original stereo LP set's rear jacket including Bernstein's quote of C.B. DeMille having told him at the original recording sessions that the composer would someday "perform and record this music again," and that this score would outlive the director and possibly the young composer himself. That prophecy was chilling for me to read, as a teenager, in 1972. But now in 2016 to glimpse the majesty of this imminent, likely definitive set, makes that presentiment from 60 years ago quite moving.

I wish that my Golden Age mentor, the late Dennis Petersen of Chicago's Rose Records (later Tower Records), could have lived long enough to acquire this; but he left this world the year before Doug leaked word of the project. Even though I never met or had contact with Elmer Bernstein, I can wish for his sake that he could have survived to see this spectacular Intrada edition. But the fact that he didn't lends more poignancy to DeMille's prediction.

Yeah, we the customers have waited five years for this to be issued. (Which can't include Intrada's prior time spent on securing rights from multiple licensors, hunting and gathering hours of music masters, and other labors.) I hope all of us realize that this unforeseen two-week delay for this one manufacturing issue has to be as disappointing for Team Intrada as a whole, as it is for we who just wait to lay hands on it. I'm not complaining; I'm delighted to know and, now, to SEE what's about to be released. And I'll appreciate that I might easily not have seen this TEN COMMANDMENTS edition in my lifetime, either.

We now know the apparent winner of most Best Film-Music Release awards for 2016. It probably will be one of the best ever!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:04 am 

[quote="Roger Feigelson"]And here comes the bad news. April Fools!! No, I jest. The release is real. But I just heard from the plant this morning that the slip case with the fancy gold foil lettering for the title will take an extra TWO WEEKS. So, I apologize for the late breaking disappointing news, but I will try to give out additional info to help us all get through two more weeks of waiting.

Roger, "thousands" of us are looking forward to having you whet our appetite for this forthcoming release. Whatever additional information you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:05 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
Ssshhh...for your eyes only:

Intrada have really knocked it out of the park & then some. Out of curiosity, when asked a few moons ago about packaging etc, were you guys talking about this title? I assume this is the largest set Intrada has ever done & it looks stunning. This really is a hat off moment to Intrada.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am 

The price will be $69.99.

Take a listen to money well spent: http://www.intrada.net/sound/TCEB_01-02.mp3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:47 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
The price will be $69.99.

Take a listen to money well spent: http://www.intrada.net/sound/TCEB_01-02.mp3

Excellent price Roger, save one for me! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 am 

A very fair price for a CD box set that required so much work involving what could be recorded in the best possible sound and all the legalities involved. There should be no "kvetching" on this one. Thou shall not "kvetch"....the eleventh commandment that couldn't fit on the stone tablet. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:57 am 

With this box set being released soon, does this mean Intrada have plans for other box set titles?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:47 am 

John Johnson wrote:
With this box set being released soon, does this mean Intrada have plans for other box set titles?

If they do, it would still be reasonable for them to wait to see whether (no, let's think "when") the TEN COMMANDMENTS set recoups its costs, before they pursue another large-scale project. In other words, John, you are curious while I'm quite content.

Reports of the CD market's decline make it all the more heroic and commendable for Intrada to have undertaken this release for such a niche market as we comprise. After all, we've had the chance to notice how Varese has reined in the schedule for their club releases, as well as lowering their edition sizes. FSM is already long gone; and when did SAE last issue anything?

I wish Intrada the relief of early success from what promises to be one of the greatest boxed editions in this field ever!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next