Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3/1 Releases
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:23 pm 

Gator MacReady wrote:
....I'd KILL for an...

I think our friends at Intrada would rather hear: My office instructed to advance you up to twenty-five thousand dollars, stop. Hee Haw and Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:36 pm 

I really hope that there will be some MORTON STEVENS material on a 1985 TWILIGHT ZONE set....otherwise, I will be passing on this set...:-(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:00 pm 

You'll be passing on three discs of Basil Poledouris, Craig Safan, Christopher Young, and more...just because they's no Morton Stevens? I'm disappointed there's no Stevens too, but considering the quality of the other composers on this set, I think that's cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Quote:
Seriously...we've rescued some great music that took years of detective work and negotiations to get out and your immediate response is to focus on all the stuff not included? Why would you do that to yourself? Celebrate what we managed to get out. It's not like there's a shortage of stuff to listen to.

And I'm sorry Roger for doing that. It wasn't my intention to disparage this release in any way. I was mainly eager to hear T. Newman Fan's recollections on what the unincluded music sounded like, since some was by composers I consider myself a fan of. I was also working off of sketchy information at the time -- had no idea this was going to be a generous 3 disc set, for one! I thought it might be one or two discs, like the Battlestar Galactica volumes. I guess a 3 disc set means a Volume 2 is less likely, and that's perfectly reasonable and still generous (though obviously there was a second 4-disc volume of Buck Rogers, so I'm probably wrong that you aren't considering a follow-up).

From the little more we have learned from Creature Features, this looks like an AMAZING set and I will be buying it for certain...I'd be buying it even if it were only the Poledouris scores, so I can look at all the rest of it being a great bonus. And if you do a Volume 2 with scores by Folk, Drasnin, Stevens, etc. I will most certainly be buying that too. Thanks again.

Yavar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:36 pm 

MRAUDIO wrote:
I really hope that there will be some MORTON STEVENS material on a 1985 TWILIGHT ZONE set....otherwise, I will be passing on this set...:-(

I understand your disappointment given your fondness for Morton Stevens and his work, but I remember you expressing interest in the Poledouris scores for this series as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there is other stuff on this set that is to your liking.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:24 pm 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
MRAUDIO wrote:

I understand your disappointment given your fondness for Morton Stevens and his work, but I remember you expressing interest in the Poledouris scores for this series as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there is other stuff on this set that is to your liking.

Hi There,

Yes, I do like the Poledouris material from the series. It's just that to me, the set would be really complete with the Stevens scores included - however, this could be the reason Mort's stuff is missing:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... e-o-783275

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:17 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
Seriously...we've rescued some great music that took years of detective work and negotiations to get out...

In the last 16 years of great releases, I often overlook this fact which is at the very core of Intrada's 30 years of existence. The heart is, of course, the composers and their music. Roger & Doug are the brains keeping it going.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:06 am 

So...... in the Doug's Corner dated February 13th, he told us all that "two more premium vinyl titles [are] up for release in just about a week" -- was he wrong? It's already been over a week since that post, and Roger gave no indication that anything's coming on March 1st besides the Twilight Zone and Lost In Space sets?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:34 am 

Wow, congratulations on this release. Safan's contributions to this were incredible and I've bought everything he's done as a result with this remaining an unfortunate gap.

In a perfect world, it would have everything on it and be a 10 disc behemoth, but this is still very exciting. I hope it's a huge success.

When will a track listing be announced?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:29 pm 

McD wrote:
When will a track listing be announced?

Probably Monday evening February 29th like always

Though people who attend the February 27th signing event will likely post pictures of the back cover online before then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:45 pm 

I'd still like to know that if we want an autographed copy, do we need to order from CF right now, or can we wait and order from Intrada?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:54 pm 

I can't recall Intrada ever selling autographed copies directly. These will be signed by the composers at the Creature Features event in Burbank, and it doesn't seem likely that they'd sign a bunch extra that would be shipped down to Oakland to be resold from there. Creature Features would be the owners of those signed copies and they would be the ones to sell them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:00 pm 

Other labels sometimes offer autographed cds in limited quantities. It's not an unreasonable question to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:45 pm 

Well... Varese hadn't really offered autographed copies for any of their titles... until one day they had... and not so long ago...

It's not unreasonable to check what Intrada folks might think about offering this too... especially considering their fairly long collaboration with Bruce Broughton, who I am sure could very easily autograph some CDs for Intrada to sell them throug their own store too...

Or Chris Young... or any of other of those dozens composers Intrada has worked with on regular basis over the past 30 years...

John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:22 pm 

I wonder if CF has a bunch of extra front inserts to be signed (as Lalaland does), or are they opening up the cd releases, pulling out the front insert, signing it, cramming it back in? Perhaps someone who's purchased this way before knows.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 pm 

Opened and signed...
Only one cover.

John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next