Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2/16
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:01 pm 

The Lonely Guy by Jerry Goldsmith would have been a nice post Valentine's Day release. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:20 pm 

RESCUERS DOWN UNDER - Bruce Broughton
Odds on favorite here. And most likely is it.
The lack of co-branding makes sense... Sort-of...
but as it is a sequel to the well received THE RESCUERS, perhaps not...

FERNGULLY - Alan Silvestri
The original album was 40+ minutes
70+ minutes without SFX would Awesome indeed.

ROCK-A-DOODLE - Robert Folk
Which received a nearly mythical German import score CD release.
The Varèse CD got cancelled, so an official Intrada version would be very, very welcome.

The lack of co-branding just puzzles me,
THE BLACK CAULDRON is another such lackluster Disney animated film with a cult following, but retained its co-brand status. I don't see why Disney would just let RDU go.

Hey, it's a guessing game, it's a good puzzle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:06 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
DeviantMan wrote:
RESCUERS DOWN UNDER
Definitely a Knockout score from Broughton and would mark the first co-brand with Disney of a score previously issued on CD... If it is the title.

Instant purchase if it is.

There's no co-brand coming next week.

Looks like it's Ferngully! Yes. Great thing I didn't get the one I saw on eBay not too long ago.

The first clue is a toughie but I'm leaning towards Andrew Lockington myself.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 pm 

DeviantMan wrote:
The lack of co-branding just puzzles me,
THE BLACK CAULDRON is another such lackluster Disney animated film with a cult following, but retained its co-brand status. I don't see why Disney would just let RDU go.

The Black Cauldron is also the first Disney film to have computer-generated animation and its content is fairly significant for its time. I’m not saying that has something to do with its co-branding, but it makes the film stand out more than The Rescuers Down Under with regard to historical significance.

Maybe I don't know enough about Disney, but I simply don't see why they would be adamant to produce or co-produce an expanded The Rescuers Down Under.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:40 pm 

Hmmmmm,
Andrew Lockington...

AT THE END OF THE DAY (1998) co-composed with Mychael Danna
is based on a true story

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 pm 

lawandorder wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
DeviantMan wrote:
RESCUERS DOWN UNDER
Definitely a Knockout score from Broughton and would mark the first co-brand with Disney of a score previously issued on CD... If it is the title.

Instant purchase if it is.

There's no co-brand coming next week.

Looks like it's Ferngully! Yes. Great thing I didn't get the one I saw on eBay not too long ago.

The first clue is a toughie but I'm leaning towards Andrew Lockington myself.

Roger wrote "no co-branding" and you read "no disney"... ;)
As big of a fan of Fergully as I am, I still hope it's Rescuers Down Under. This is my favorite Disney animated feature score ever... Soaring theme for Marahute, a rousing theme for the rescuers, a tender love theme for the 2 loving rodents, a raging theme for McLeach,... This music is everything a perfect adventure score should be !

Quote:
but it makes the film stand out more than The Rescuers Down Under with regard to historical significance.

The Rescuers was the first computer inked/colored Disney movie, thanks to the CAPS (Computer Animation Production System). The system was then used in every major animated movie Disney produced in the 90's like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. That makes Rescuers Down Under historically significant enough to me.

Quote:
Maybe I don't know enough about Disney, but I simply don't see why they would be adamant to produce or co-produce an expanded The Rescuers Down Under.

I guess it wasn't a priority for Disney as much as it was for Intrada to release a major score from their beloved composer Bruce Broughton, a very special partner in the history of the label. It's just that Intrada had the idea before the executives at Walt Disney Records, so it became their task (and pleasure !) to produce it and not Disney's, that's all...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:41 pm 

Anakin McFly wrote:
I guess it wasn't a priority for Disney as much as it was for Intrada to release a major score from their beloved composer Bruce Broughton, a very special partner in the history of the label. It's just that Intrada had the idea before the executives at Walt Disney Records, so it became their task (and pleasure) to produce it and not Disney's, that's all...

Actually Disney produced RESCUERS DOWN UNDER first in their own album presentation.
But I think you clarified the issue.
For the most part, all the co-branded CDs are Disney produced product processed through Intrada with minimal liner notes, etc. Whereas all Intrada ISC titles have extensive liner notes about the film, score and composer.
So that's the reason, RDU is getting the grand deluxe treatment it deserves via Intrada commemorating a 30+ year relationship.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:15 pm 

Just read the wiki (again) about RDU and ouch...

This film deserve sooooo much better praise being technically the first Disney/Pixar collaboration. But some blond kid named Machalay Culkin decimated its chances at the box office with HOME ALONE.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:29 pm 

Even more ironically perhaps....Broughton was originally slated to score Home Alone.