Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1/19 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:55 am 

Well one you know is Cujo. The other is a straight reissue of a mid-60s LP from the original two track masters (before the program was drowned in reverb) featuring a composer new to Intrada. Intense, complex score by an underrated composer.

Post subject: Re: 1/19 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:14 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
The other is a straight reissue of a mid-60s LP from the original two track masters (before the program was drowned in reverb) featuring a composer new to Intrada. Intense, complex score by an underrated composer.

Assuming it's another Mainstream album, perhaps That Man in Istanbul by Georges Garvarentz? It fits all of the clues, and I'm assuming that the Harkit album was yet another vinyl rip bootleg.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:13 am 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
The other is a straight reissue of a mid-60s LP from the original two track masters (before the program was drowned in reverb) featuring a composer new to Intrada. Intense, complex score by an underrated composer.

Assuming it's another Mainstream album, perhaps That Man in Istanbul by Georges Garvarentz? It fits all of the clues, and I'm assuming that the Harkit album was yet another vinyl rip bootleg.

Never make assumptions. But I will say very famous director who certainly goes for a specific art design of his one sheets. And we released the soundtracks to one of his film's last year. And hope to have yet another later this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:34 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:

Never make assumptions. But I will say very famous director who certainly goes for a specific art design of his one sheets. And we released the soundtracks to one of his film's last year. And hope to have yet another later this year.

Well, when there’s relatively little information given and there are possibilities aplenty, assumptions based on the recent past is typically the best bet to go on. Or so that’s worked very well for me in general.

With last year's Rio Bravo release, I suppose Howard Hawks could be the director. I don't know if there are any scores that fit the criteria, though.

EDIT: I just remembered last year's In Harm's Way album, which I guess would make Bunny Lake Is Missing a good possibility. Definitely fits the one sheet and director clues, and Paul Glass' score is indeed complex as usual.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:03 pm 

Yes!
You beat me to it!

BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (1965) - Paul Glass

Would be cool!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:24 pm 

DeviantMan wrote:
Yes!
You beat me to it!

BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (1965) - Paul Glass

Would be cool!

Absolutely. It would also be cool if the future album to which Roger referred for later this year is Advise & Consent, though Hurry Sundown is a good one as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:08 pm 

Yes, BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING fits the clues and is an excellent soundtrack. So I assume that the "before the program was drowned in reverb" clue refers to the 2012 release in the Reel Time label. ADVISE AND CONSENT was also released on CD, this time in 1999 by the Spanish RCA label.

As for the new CUJO release, does anybody know if it has the same program as the 90's promotional release which came paired with THE COVENANT?

And what about TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME, JUNIE MOON for the other release of a soundtrack to a Preminger film later this year? As far as I know, it has never been released on CD.

Anyway, I'd love to see released, expanded and with better sound, EXODUS, a great soundtrack with a beautiful cover design by Saul Bass.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:47 pm 

Angeldibujo wrote:
Yes, BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING fits the clues and is an excellent soundtrack. So I assume that the "before the program was drowned in reverb" clue refers to the 2012 release in the Reel Time label. ADVISE AND CONSENT was also released on CD, this time in 1999 by the Spanish RCA label.

As for the new CUJO release, does anybody know if it has the same program as the 90's promotional release which came paired with THE COVENANT?

If it’s like In Harm’s Way, then the reverb would have been baked into the master for the vinyl release as well.

As for Advise & Consent already having a CD release, it is rare and a sound improvement from first-generation masters would be beneficial (as was the case with reissues of other scores with a Spanish RCA CD release). Thus, it being released later this year under those circumstances would be most appreciated.

I saw that Cujo will have a greatly improved sound and presentation with over an hour of music.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:32 am 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
I saw that Cujo will have a greatly improved sound and presentation with over an hour of music.

Wonderful news. Thank you :D