Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Dec 8th Releases
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:39 pm 

No clues or anything, but just wanted to let you all know of our end of year plans. Our last release date of the year will be Dec. 8th with four titles. Two may be announced a little earlier due to a potential signing of one and screening of the other, but more on that later.

Post subject: Re: Dec 8th Releases
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 pm 

Sounds good. I saw that Creature Features will be doing some kind of retrospective in December for Something Wicked This Way Comes. Perhaps that's the screening and Intrada will release Delerue and Horner's scores in one package?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:22 pm 

Roger, does this mean there will be no release on December 1 ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:21 am 

I'm hoping at least one of those titles is a James Horner release. There's a vague unsubstantiated rumor that there's a Horner album in LLL's final lineup of 2015 and it would be nice and somewhat fitting to have this label include one for their end of the year plans.

So many stellar releases with Back To The Future and Jaws completing their series, and to see a good couple of Horner titles come and close out what was his final year with his own four projects seeing a good run of release (Pas de Deux, Wolf Totem, Southpaw and The 33) is as good a tribute to his legacy as any.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:50 am 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
Sounds good. I saw that Creature Features will be doing some kind of retrospective in December for Something Wicked This Way Comes. Perhaps that's the screening and Intrada will release Delerue and Horner's scores in one package?

Oh, and as for the signing title, there's a gathering at Creature Features on December 5th that involves numerous composers including an Intrada favorite, Christopher Young.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:50 am 

Too bad it's these thieves again... or have they finally learn not to steal on shipping?

More Tinkerbell would be nice too... or finally THE INVISIBLE since Intrada is the only label that can do it... or of course... THE NIGHT BEFORE!

John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:20 pm 

Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Great Muppet Caper, that's all I ask.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:08 pm 

Has everyone forgotten what was in the DESERT FURY cover booklet ? I haven't. Bring on the golden age ACE IN THE HOLE.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:12 pm 

MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Has everyone forgotten what was in the DESERT FURY cover booklet ? I haven't. Bring on the golden age ACE IN THE HOLE.

I haven't forgotten about ACE IN THE HOLE Monte!

Perhaps it will be December 8th?

Roger ...... hint, hint :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:32 am 

Here's a hint to one of them. Long time in the works but finally got moving with the recently discovered 24-track elements, this release features perhaps this composer's largest, darkest and most powerful work. I don't know his entire body of work so someone could certainly dispute, but I have not encountered a score from him like this. And it wasn't used in the film!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:20 am 

Something Wicked This Way Comes?

Junior Bonner (Fielding)
The Gauntlet (Fielding) complete and chronological!
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (Barton)
Madigan (Costa)
Columbo (Goldenberg/Mellé)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:16 pm 

chriss wrote:
Something Wicked This Way Comes?

I can't immediately think of any other title fitting the description, though I was under the (I suppose false) impression that 3M 32-track digital elements were always available for the unused score just as they were for the used score.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:55 pm 

Nick wrote:
So many stellar releases with Back To The Future and Jaws completing their series, and to see a good couple of Horner titles come and close out what was his final year with his own four projects seeing a good run of release (Pas de Deux, Wolf Totem, Southpaw and The 33) is as good a tribute to his legacy as any.

And we still have The Magnificent Seven to look forward to next year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:46 pm 

I've been waiting for this Delerue to be released ever since Disney first opened their vaults to Intrada. Roger's second clue has raised my hopes at last!

T. Newman Fan wrote:

It seems to me that when the label issued Horner's replacement score, one of the honchos stated here in the forum that the Disney studio specifically did not want much discussion of the unused score in the booklet notes. If my memory is accurate, then it seems unlikely there'll be a combo release of the two. Frankly, I had bought the Horner disc upon release, because I thought I wanted it; and yet, in these few years I've never gotten around to unwrapping it. (The first score ruined the second for me, I guess.)

Delerue's SOMETHING WICKED is incredibly, gloriously dark. Very appropriately, that music taps into the way we felt fear and outright dread over things in childhood ... or the way I did, anyway. When I first heard some of it years ago (and on this forum I can't discuss how I heard it), the start of the very first cue put me amazingly in touch with how creepy I had found the Bradbury novel as a child, 30 years earlier. And then those calliope cues, growing progressively more sinister ...

On second thought, I might as well shut up now and wait until the announcement. I'll be disappointed if I misread the clues and the release will instead be some other composer's darkest work!

Last edited by Steven Lloyd on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:25 pm 

Steven Lloyd wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:

It seems to me that when the label issued Horner's replacement score, one of the honchos stated here in the forum that the Disney studio specifically did not want much discussion of the unused score in the booklet notes. If my memory is accurate, then it seems unlikely there'll be a combo release of the two. Frankly, I had bought the Horner disc upon release, because I thought I wanted it; and yet, in these few years I've never gotten around to unwrapping it. (The first score ruined the second for me, I guess.)

Your memory is accurate, but I just threw in the possibility because things change quite often and that was six years ago. Also, it seemed sensible that coinciding an album with a screening of the film would have the score actually in the film included on said album. Nevertheless, Horner's score has had its day on album.

I suppose I do not take the politics of this whole used/unused thing seriously in any way, as I don't think any differently of studios when such information is fully elaborated. Thank goodness Delerue's score wasn't stricken from every book and tablet for all time like some other unused scores. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next