Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3769
One release from the mid 60s features an LP reissue that although it was on CD at one point, this is the first time it appears from the first generation stereo album masters -- similar to some previous releases we've done. Additionally, the studio provided the complete score in mono, which also appears here.

The second release comes from the early 2000s and features cool secret agent music. Originally there was only a song album with a couple of score cuts. Now we feature the entire score on this jam-packed CD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 2997
The first release could be one of many things, but it does makes me think of a Paramount title given the date and configuration, particularly one that had an RCA CD probably not from first-generation tapes. Perhaps something along the lines of "Arrivederci, Baby!"

A more lofty guess would be "Nevada Smith."


Last edited by T. Newman Fan on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 685
Agent Cody Banks by John Powell seems likely for the 00s title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:24 am
Posts: 132
Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
For the 60s title, THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS fills the clues ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 am
Posts: 819
Location: Middlesex U.K.
Adilson wrote:
For the 60s title, THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS fills the clues ?


I first thought of The Professionals (same composer, year & studio), Silva Screen released it on CD about the same time as Intrada released Night Of The Generals, but it was mastered from an LP, as the tapes were missing, but...I think the LP & original score would need two CD's, where as Night Of The Generals would probably fit onto one. It's a short album & a sparsely scored film (well I think so, it was on the telly a few months back, but I gave up on it after about 30mins). I bought the Intrada release all those years ago & it's still a firm favourite & still gets a lot of plays, so a better sounding release, yes I'd buy it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3769
Alan wrote:
Adilson wrote:
For the 60s title, THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS fills the clues ?


I first thought of The Professionals (same composer, year & studio), Silva Screen released it on CD about the same time as Intrada released Night Of The Generals, but it was mastered from an LP, as the tapes were missing, but...I think the LP & original score would need two CD's, where as Night Of The Generals would probably fit onto one. It's a short album & a sparsely scored film (well I think so, it was on the telly a few months back, but I gave up on it after about 30mins). I bought the Intrada release all those years ago & it's still a firm favourite & still gets a lot of plays, so a better sounding release, yes I'd buy it!


It's more of a comedy and the previous LP master comment I made should be taken in a more recent context.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 am
Posts: 819
Location: Middlesex U.K.
Right, I'll start again. Mid-sixties, more of a comedy...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 am
Posts: 1070
Location: Los Angeles
Roger Feigelson wrote:
Alan wrote:
Adilson wrote:
For the 60s title, THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS fills the clues ?


I first thought of The Professionals (same composer, year & studio), Silva Screen released it on CD about the same time as Intrada released Night Of The Generals, but it was mastered from an LP, as the tapes were missing, but...I think the LP & original score would need two CD's, where as Night Of The Generals would probably fit onto one. It's a short album & a sparsely scored film (well I think so, it was on the telly a few months back, but I gave up on it after about 30mins). I bought the Intrada release all those years ago & it's still a firm favourite & still gets a lot of plays, so a better sounding release, yes I'd buy it!


It's more of a comedy and the previous LP master comment I made should be taken in a more recent context.


Well, I've always considered Experiment In Terror a comedy so here's hoping. :lol:

_________________
"I used to worry about losing my mind. Now that I've lost it I don't worry about it anymore." -Wavy Gravy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Charleston, WV
Shenandoah by Frank Skinner?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:14 am
Posts: 1147
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
I hope the mid 60s title is
THE PROFESSIONALS (1966) - Maurice Jarre

Silva Screen used an LP for the their master (as mentioned earlier)
I don't remember where the post was on the FSM board, but it said that the stereo album masters weren't lost, just stored in a warehouse (somewhere in the U.S.) and never retrieved by Silva for their CD release for whatever reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 2997
To quell any future disappointment, Roger already indicated that it's not "The Professionals." It's definitely not going to be "Shenandoah."

He said that it's more of a comedy (uh-oh, there's that dangerous word), so it seems that it is in the vein of the "Arrivederci, Baby!" score that I mentioned earlier. Without looking into it, I'm not sure what else completely qualifies among scores that were legitimately released on CD in the past.

I suppose that "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" is a possibility?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:14 am
Posts: 1147
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Mid 60s,
More of a comedy, as opposed to serious drama...
Recently issued CD of LP program, but used a lesser quality master tape.

Barry?
Jarre?
Lai?
Frontiere?
Mancini?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm
Posts: 37
What is the Make A Payment on the website about?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:35 pm
Posts: 371
T. Newman Fan wrote:
I suppose that "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" is a possibility?

If that's your idea of a comedy, I'm a little frightened.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7/7 Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 2997
SchiffyM wrote:
If that's your idea of a comedy, I'm a little frightened.

I'm a little frightened by anyone who doesn't see it as the black comedy that it is. Roger didn't necessarily say that it screams of conventional farce.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group