Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Greatly-expanded 2-CD set from [a Disney] 90s property"?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 pm 

Hi Roger,

I hope I'm not bothering you too much, but on Doug's Corner of 1/29/15, he gave this clue about a then-imminent title, but after several release periods it hasn't come out. Since I'm particularly excited to find out what this one is (and probably buy it), would you be willing to give an updated release estimate on it? Has it been delayed?

Yavar

Post subject: Re: "Greatly-expanded 2-CD set from [a Disney] 90s property"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:48 pm 

Yavar Moradi wrote:
Hi Roger,

I hope I'm not bothering you too much, but on Doug's Corner of 1/29/15, he gave this clue about a then-imminent title, but after several release periods it hasn't come out. Since I'm particularly excited to find out what this one is (and probably buy it), would you be willing to give an updated release estimate on it? Has it been delayed?

Yavar

I think you may be misreading Doug's phrasing...I think he was saying the Tinker Bells were imminent, but there was also a 2-CD set coming at some point. It's not imminent. And this is why I don't as a rule like to talk about titles too far out, people start getting antsy and start asking where things are. Witness Ten Commandments. Oy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:40 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
I think you may be misreading Doug's phrasing...I think he was saying the Tinker Bells were imminent, but there was also a 2-CD set coming at some point. It's not imminent. And this is why I don't as a rule like to talk about titles too far out, people start getting antsy and start asking where things are. Witness Ten Commandments. Oy.

Far be it from me to contradict you Roger, but the way it was phrased definitely indicated it was coming soon. "Anyway, not just one but two new Disney/Intrada co-brands are coming out over the next four weeks plus another greatly-expanded 2-CD set from one of their nineties properties.". Hence the expectation from the forum regulars that it was imminent. So it was just a slip up in phrasing. Now you've put that to bed, so thank you. :)

As regards Ten Commandments, it's unfortunate, and I suspect you get regular queries about Conan The Destroyer and Volunteers, based on your previous comments, too. Can't win 'em all.

However, there's plenty of other stuff to keep us occupied for the time being! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:47 am 

litefoot wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:

Far be it from me to contradict you Roger, but the way it was phrased definitely indicated it was coming soon. "Anyway, not just one but two new Disney/Intrada co-brands are coming out over the next four weeks plus another greatly-expanded 2-CD set from one of their nineties properties.". Hence the expectation from the forum regulars that it was imminent. So it was just a slip up in phrasing. Now you've put that to bed, so thank you. :)

As regards Ten Commandments, it's unfortunate, and I suspect you get regular queries about Conan The Destroyer and Volunteers, based on your previous comments, too. Can't win 'em all.

However, there's plenty of other stuff to keep us occupied for the time being! :)

Yes, the phrasing isn't great, but to me (and Doug) it only says two Disney co-brands are coming in the next four weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:40 pm 

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification, Roger!

So this particular title Doug mentioned isn't coming up too soon then, right? I can stop bothering you for a few months... :)

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:39 am 

Yes, thanks for clarification. I too had wrong end of stick and have been waiting And wondering about that release. Will wait and wonder no longer. Thanks for all you do guys, your releases are awesome and please dont let this stop the clues...........

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:30 pm 

For the moment, I'm enjoying quite much the two Tinkerbell scores !!! i'm so glad they exist ! :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:34 pm 

Hear, hear! They are great scores and I can't wait for Secret of the Wings next!

Yavar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:30 am 

I'm definitely buying all the Tinker Bell scores, they're so amazing...

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:46 am 

Just need some clarification... is Judge Dredd the album that this thread is about? Just wondering out loud is all. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:25 am 

It seems pretty much like it ! Totally fits the description... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am 

Anakin McFly wrote:
It seems pretty much like it ! Totally fits the description... :mrgreen:

Or Ghost and the Darkness.

John Morris website
Dario Marianelli website

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 am 

The Ghost and the Darkness is Paramount, not Disney.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:46 pm 

Actually The Ghost and the Darkness, while a Paramount film, was released on Disney-owned Hollywood Records, hence why there was a suspicion it was the "90s property" -- use of "property" sidestepping the fact that it was not a Disney *film*. However, the back cover of the new release of it appears to have no mention in the copyright section of Hollywood Records or Disney, so it's likely that the rights expired and Intrada only had to deal with Paramount after all (but I suspect the worry about Disney having album rights probably kept LLL from doing this title anyway). This was NOT the case with the other Hollywood Records Goldsmith album that Intrada released (Deep Rising), so who knows? Maybe Hollywood Records didn't get perpetuity rights precisely *because* it wasn't a Disney-owned film. I guess we'll find out when the third and final Hollywood Records Goldsmith album, Powder, comes out. :)

So I think you're right that this was referring to Judge Dredd after all but I'd still love to hear confirmation from Roger...

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:23 pm 

I wouldn't worry, as I'm sure there are other 90s Disney expansions on the horizon and/or currently planned. Expansions of well-known 90s scores in general are apparently what people crave most, and Intrada is well aware of their popularity.