Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:34 am 

I've found out that since I started posting the covers, our store is being bombarded with emails from people asking if they can preorder the albums. The answer is no...they go up for sale like always a week later. I need to ask those that keep asking to stop, as I've been asked to stop posting the covers in advance. Like the title says, if someone pees in the pool, everyone needs to get out. I urge people to just enjoy the covers and anticipation and order in good time. We've designed our model so nothing sells out quickly enough that would required the need to place a preorder. But if we keep getting requests we'll have to stop posting the covers.

Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:19 am 

I love when you do nautical comparisons, Roger. Immediatly, I see what you mean. :lol:

Stop bombing us with pre-order emails!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 am 

Whew, I thought you were releasing a score to a film called "Don't Pee in the Pool," perhaps starring Adam Sandler.

I understand people's enthusiasm, but requesting pre-orders a week in advance of release makes no sense with Intrada's new model. That is unless people are concerned with other labels' releases selling out from the Intrada store in the meantime.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:48 am 

I've posted on the threads containing the cover art about Pre-Ordering,
But that's just kidding around with enthusiasm.

I didn't know there have been rushes of emails...
Must be outsiders who casually visit and don't read message boards.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 pm 

Film Score Fans - forever striving for new and innovative ways to complain and piss off our friendly neighborhood labels!

Good job guys! Roger, maybe you should include a chill pill with each cd, in
anticipation of the next, keep the boys calm and pee-free.....

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:09 am 

GoblinScore wrote:
Film Score Fans - forever striving for new and innovative ways to complain and piss off our friendly neighborhood labels!

I guess it's not only film score fans. Take a look at movie fans resp. Blu-ray collectors of releases by labels like Criterion or UK based Eureka/MoC. More or less the same deal ...

There's a proverb in Germany: Offer them a hand and they tear your arm out. Sometimes this whole entitlement mentality of "customers" is just embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:41 am 

I would have to assume that it was especially bad this time around, as Red October and Cocoon have widespread appeal.

Releases of scores by those like the great Gil Mellé, which apparently only excites me and three other people these days, would likely yield none of these pre-order inquiries.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:54 pm 

[quote="T. Newman Fan"]I would have to assume that it was especially bad this time around, as Red October and Cocoon have widespread appeal.

Releases of scores by those like the great Gil Mellé, which apparently only excites me and three other people these days, would likely yield none of these pre-order inquiries.[/quote

Make that four other people!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:04 pm 

Eesh! It seems inevitable…

If nothing is announced beforehand, there are cries of "Why don't you let us know in advance, so we can plan?!"

If clues are given, the cries are "Enough with these games! Why don't you treat us like adults?"

If titles are announced in advance, we hear "Why can't I pre-order?"

If pre-ordering is allowed, the shouts become "Don't sell it until it's ready for shipping!"

This pool may be mostly urine by now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:27 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
I've found out that since I started posting the covers, our store is being bombarded with emails from people asking if they can preorder the albums. The answer is no...they go up for sale like always a week later. I need to ask those that keep asking to stop, as I've been asked to stop posting the covers in advance. Like the title says, if someone pees in the pool, everyone needs to get out. I urge people to just enjoy the covers and anticipation and order in good time. We've designed our model so nothing sells out quickly enough that would required the need to place a preorder. But if we keep getting requests we'll have to stop posting the covers.

People. They are just like sheeps. They have been told to preorder things since they have been able to order on the internet. And now they feel like it's the only way to do it right... Why that ? I just don't know. Some people just feel happier when they preorder things rather than just ordering them when they are available...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:46 pm 

I order/preorder the things I want, but I don't bug the companies about it all. :)

Take is as a complement: There's demand for your product. :)

Insatiable, relentless, a hunger that never dies. Always wanting, needing, yearning to fulfill an infinite need.

Such is the curse of the film score fan. Just when you think you have all you could possibly want, one more "last score I need" arises. :)

And that's my bad poetry for the year ... :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 am 

I for one really enjoyed the clue game, although I know it annoyed some people. I wouldn't mind if you went back to it Roger and saved the covers for announcement day.

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:00 pm 

Yavar Moradi wrote:
I for one really enjoyed the clue game, although I know it annoyed some people. I wouldn't mind if you went back to it Roger and saved the covers for announcement day.

Yavar

Well just for you then -- we have four titles coming Nov. 12th. One is Thor. One is Thanksgiving related. The other two are Christmas related.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 pm 

My shaky guesses are A Christmas Carol (2009), Young Sherlock Holmes and The War at Home (1996), the last of which being especially tenuous but would be really nice to see.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:15 pm 

I know nothing of the status of the score except that a song soundtrack album was released... But aren't Steve Martin and John Candy just trying to get home for Thanksgiving in PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES?