Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Info for Aug 7th Release
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 pm 

TripleC*27 wrote:
Personally, I hope it's To Kill A Mockingbird. Even though I really don't care what it is, I would actually like for it to be TKAM cause Bernstein's score needs a much deserved remastering. And if it's that one, I am definitely buying the movie. But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong like I usually am. We'll just wait and see who's right on Monday. :P

We tried to do TKAM. Even got the original elements and restored them, but got thrown a curve ball when the licensor turned out to be the film's producer who refused to consider licensing the rights.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:14 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
TripleC*27 wrote:
Personally, I hope it's To Kill A Mockingbird. Even though I really don't care what it is, I would actually like for it to be TKAM cause Bernstein's score needs a much deserved remastering. And if it's that one, I am definitely buying the movie. But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong like I usually am. We'll just wait and see who's right on Monday. :P

We tried to do TKAM. Even got the original elements and restored them, but got thrown a curve ball when the licensor turned out to be the film's producer who refused to consider licensing the rights.

Would it help any if, oh, say, 5,000 score fans each wrote him a letter?

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:29 pm 

Somewhere out there there's a producer sitting with a now mint copy of To Kill a Mockingbird's score, perpetually rubbing his palms together and saying to himself: "There is no way I will ever make a couple thousand film score geeks happy, muhahaha!!!"

Or maybe not.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:31 pm 

Same producer 10/20 years from now will be forgotten, broke and having to move 100 or more miles from the LA epicenter, and he'll find this box with the masters and go, "WTFrak is this? Trash," and toss it.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 am 

Roger Feigelson wrote:

Well, I guess that's his prerogative but geeeeeeeeeeeeez how frustrating is that?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 am 

Anakin McFly wrote:
It sure won't be a Disney title, but I wonder when the next one will be announced...

I'm with you on that one Anakin

tharpdevenport wrote:
Same producer 10/20 years from now will be forgotten, broke and having to move 100 or more miles from the LA epicenter, and he'll find this box with the masters and go, "WTFrak is this? Trash," and toss it.

Most likely has already happened, it's just a damn shame that a landfill should get them instead of the fans that keep them alive for eternity.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 am 

I know it would`nt be but what if it was terminater 2! Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:39 am 

steve woolston wrote:
Well, I guess that's his prerogative but geeeeeeeeeeeeez how frustrating is that?

What I don't get is why he would object to this. What would be required of him other than collecting a bit of money and perhaps signing some legal documents?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm 

Gymdude wrote:

Stop giving me goosebumps :)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:43 pm 

CocoNut Joe wrote:
Gymdude wrote:

Stop giving me goosebumps :)

One day; let's hope. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:50 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
TripleC*27 wrote:

Roger: What would the ramifications be if Intrada released without consent??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
TripleC*27 wrote:

Is there any way you can sue the bastard?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 am 

RM Eastman wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
TripleC*27 wrote:

Roger: What would the ramifications be if Intrada released without consent??

We'd be bootlegging and we don't do that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 am 

WorkingWithKnives wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
TripleC*27 wrote:

Is there any way you can sue the bastard?

On what grounds?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:26 am 

To Kill A Mockingbird is one of those scores that absolutely should be released in i's original form.

The re-recording conducted by the composer is fantastic though, but this is not a good thing. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next