Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Dec 5th Releases
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 am 

vertigo58 wrote:
Steven Lloyd wrote:
WB doesn't control any titles produced by Fox or Paramount; but (as I've already written) they acquired the RKO library when they picked up Turner Entertainment. What are some Waxman credits at RKO?

FIVE CAME BACK is one.

Even one RKO score potentially makes a Waxman set possible for this release under existing clues. Let's wait to see!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:53 am 

THE BLUE VEIL is another RKO film.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am 

Here's one last question from me before the reveal of the 4 CD set tonight--who ended up with the Columbia masters from the 1966 period? Would they still reside with Sony or would they be sitting at Warners from that period when they both shared the Burbank Studios?
(I'm still hoping against hope for a release of Waxman's last big one, THE LOST COMMAND.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:11 pm 

I had a summer internship at Warner Bros. for part of that 1970s "Burbank Studios" period, and I confirm that at the time both companies stated repeatedly that although they were sharing geopraphical facilities, Columbia Pictures and WB remained distinctly separate entities. (No reason for properties or elements to have exchanged ownership, in other words.)

Otherwise, multiple people on these music forums have posted in recent years that many, many score masters from Columbia films of the 1960s are just Absent Without Leave. (Doug Fake has stated here that the survival of CROMWELL was simply a miracle.) Jarre's THE PROFESSIONALS is something I'd love to see expanded and released, but that's been legendary for decades over its elusiveness.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm 

Waxman wrote the score to Back From Eternity..... Not... 5 Came Back...the original. My apologies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 pm 

vertigo58 wrote:
Waxman wrote the score to Back From Eternity..... Not... 5 Came Back...the original. My apologies.

That's all right. You're not dishonored, because you provided more than a single RKO credit for Waxman -- so he could still fit the clue for a set reflecting three studios: WB, MGM, and RKO. If THE BLUE VEIL were Waxman's sole RKO score that survives, it still could be enough for you to have cracked the code. Down to the wire!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:58 pm 

The good news is that BACK FROM ETERNITY was released by RKO :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:15 pm 

Hey all, I was pondering on what the Disney 3-CD set coming from Intrada might be in the near future (I know, this is probably not the right forum to do it on, but what the hey). What about the Disney 3-cd set being Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:44 pm 

TripleC*27 wrote:
Hey all, I was pondering on what the Disney 3-CD set coming from Intrada might be in the near future (I know, this is probably not the right forum to do it on, but what the hey). What about the Disney 3-cd set being Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

No way. It is best not to think about that release until it comes out, because it could very well be a score that you dislike.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:31 am 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
TripleC*27 wrote:

No way. It is best not to think about that release until it comes out, because it could very well be a score that you dislike.

Doug said on 1st October both that and the WB 2-CD score were coming in a few months so I guess that means Jan or Feb.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am 

I've posted a few questions in the Soundtrack Doctor is in section a while ago - looking for responses, also have some questions about the Disney Vault itself - not really concerned about what's coming, just more about the process.

Thanks Intrada team! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6